Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
I guess it depends upon where in the country you live -I had kind of a hard time finding my hula girl because I wanted to make sure it made out of ceramic material. Living in FL gives one the fear of finding a plastic puddle on the dash after a day in the hot summer sun!

btw- I found mine at alltv.com out of Atlanta

-Zzz's

· Registered
917 Posts
[quote:122cff6e6e=" "]they sell that hula dog at target stores. i just got back from hawaii for 12 days and i tried to find an original hula doll and for the life of me couldnt find anything i liked.[/quote:122cff6e6e]

I don't know what an "original" hula doll looks like and I doubt you would find one in Hawaii anyway because no such thing would exist. In Hawaii, you can get your hula girl at Wal-Mart, K-mart, etc. but also at the flea market at Aloha Stadium.

· Registered
3,447 Posts
I still fail to understand why dash-top hula girls and Elements seem to have forged such a connection. Because they're both so "radical"? As if! Yeah, Elements are out of the mainstream, but last time I checked, if you can buy a hula girl at Wal-Mart or Target, how can anyone consider them out of the mainstream? Huh?

Me, yeah, I hate to see that large naked expanse of Element dashboard, but my personal statement is at least as unique as I think an Element is. Anyone remember the knock on the door and the mumbled phrase "Landshark" from vintage Saturday Night Live?

· Registered
3,286 Posts
The amusing thing to Colin's story is that he did used to have a hula-girl on his dash. Then one day he came out and found the shark swimmin' around, with the hula-girl no longer in sight.

He also does have the dash creak noise, but it sounds a bit more like belching if you ask me.

-brendan

· Registered
3,286 Posts
[quote:6a322d5e28=" "]For those that didn't already know, Honda's Element catalog featured a Hula girl in one of the pictures. Fanatics then seeked out that exact Hula girl, with not too much luck.[/quote:6a322d5e28]

And don't forget Element-J's classic "Hula Girl TSB":

http://webserve.govst.edu/users/gallery/element-j/tsbs/hulagirl.html

-brendan

· Registered
1,189 Posts
That's great ChumsGum! :lol:
Here's my dash!

· Registered
138 Posts
I've got a hula girl my SO brought back from Hawaii earlier this year, 5 or 6"tall. I was wondering putting this on the dash would be a reason for the local gendarmes to pull me over. I *really* don't need a ticket.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
BEATBOX... that's rad! I have the exact same "Little E" on my dash. How do you have yours secured? I used a tiny square of sticky velcro
Me too! :p

· Registered
3,447 Posts
What's with these questions about how a Hula Girl is "secured" to the dash? Has the old-fashioned way somehow lost favor? I always thought you just screwed 'em to the dash! I've also heard of some really inept guys nailing them, but, come on, Honda owners would be more sophisticated than that, wouldn't they? :lol:

· Registered
199 Posts

· Registered
2,076 Posts
If you go to a craft store you can buy a pack of the sticky/tacky "goo" (looks like bubble gum) they use to stick up stuff in schools and people use to secure items on shelves in earthquake areas. It's awesome for just such projects and you don't have a hole, tape or anything not easily removed on your dash. I use it at home to keep pictures from shifting on the wall, hold down glass items that might get knocked off something -oh - and to hold my bobblehead turtle on my dash in the E :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.