Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the other posts mentioned the model x having rear facing passenger seating. This made me think of our E.

Is it possible to take out the rear seats in the E and swap them around and use them on the other side facing the rear? I don't know what good that would do, perhaps a drive-in movie or something, but I was just wondering if it could be done.

Is there anyone out there up to the challenge? Im not, just too lazy, but there are people on the boards that are willing to take off the panels and bumpers to do mods, so lets see if it works.

It would be cool if it could do this, but we'll see. (and I'll take credit for the idea, with some insight from OZ...)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seeing as I haven't even actually taken out my back seats yet, I don't know how the latch assembly works, but I'd assume it's a one way thing. Meaning, I don't think the left rear passenger seat's side support will even fit in the right rear passenger seat's side support.

I had thought also about somehow having the rear seats face inward (toward each other), but that would take some serious modding.

Oz

·
Registered
150 Posts
I actually tried this. The rear seats CAN face backwards - although they dont lock AS SOLID as fowards facing. the bottom clips lock in just fine and the side clips latch only on the fron part of the seat -NOT SAFE FOR DRIVING - but perfect for tailgating!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tap,

I thought it could be done. Glad to know that it can be, in a way anywho, but thats cool. Gold star to tapestry.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Speaking of drive ins I just went to the last drive in our area. Parked backwards and lifted the hatch. Took out the seats and turned them around to face backwards. I just folded the seat legs and dropped the units on the floor. Put them against the backs of the front seats for lots of legroom. Great fun. Too bad the drive in is closing in a month for good.

I tried to put the seats in backwards with the legs extended. The legs latch but the wall mounts don't latch. Not even close. They just sit on top of the brackets.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The seats being backwards didn't leave any scratches or mars?

·
Registered
302 Posts
You can see great. The Element is huge in the back. Some guy in a minivan behind us complained we were blocking his view. He came late anyway but I moved over our hump to give him some more view.

No scratches during moving but I am careful. Hey everyone should practice taking those seats out and try things. Its a bit of an art. The principle of seat attachment/detachment is front hook and rear click. You need to tilt them at a strong angle to get them out. So the rear has to lift up quite high to get out. I find its best to stand behind the seats and lift up and push to the front. Don't forget you get a lifting strap on the seat bottom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts