Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally had my new Injen exhaust installed on my '08 TRP! Sounds real sweet! And the guy at the muffler shop only charged me $32 bucks! Took him all of 30 minutes to install. My E is a 4WD and the exhaust was a straight forward bolt in unit. Will be interested in seeing if this does anything to my mileage. Speaking of mileage, I'm getting around 26 MPG right now with mostly highway driving, 60 MPH, and with the air on. I'm still thinking about a taller tire. Will have to wait for that. I also installed the driver's armrest/storage unit, so I have a used OEM driver's side armrest for sale-like new and in great condition(okay, it has some dog hair on it-I'll clean that off!).

·
Registered
523 Posts
I love the Injen too. I bought my exhaust used from an EOCer so I am not sure about it for this system, but usually they get louder after you put a few miles on them. My flowmaster did that on another vehicle. I don't expect your mileage to go up in the beginning as you zip around with a new MOD. Maybe down the road a slight gain. Enjoy!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just love your dog, Basset Box!

Thanks for the info on the exhaust! I've noticed when the engine gets around 3,000rpm it's pretty loud, but, once the tranny shifts into 5th gear, it quiets down to a nice low rumble. (I'm going up to Wal-Mart in a while just to listen to the exhaust!)

·
Registered
156 Posts
any pics rojogan

hey, im thinking of putting one. do u have pictures? thnx

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take some pictures and post them. Too bad I didn't think of it sooner and I could have taken some at the muffler shop when the car waa up on the rack.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I just love your dog, Basset Box!

Thanks for the info on the exhaust! I've noticed when the engine gets around 3,000rpm it's pretty loud, but, once the tranny shifts into 5th gear, it quiets down to a nice low rumble. (I'm going up to Wal-Mart in a while just to listen to the exhaust!)
Thanks, he loves compliments and I will make sure to pass on the kind words. :D

I was approaching an E on the freeway the other day and right before passing, I hit the o/d button and roared by him. Bet he wasn't expecting to here that purr coming from the innocent looking toaster. It does get loud at the higher RPMs but with the 5-speed auto, I cruise at 75 on the freeway at a little over 2k RPM, so it isn't loud at all. It is actually very quiet when at low RPM, possibly quieter than stock.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Must be nice..

..Dang, I'd like to have an exhaust like that. My E is so quite that I find myself over revving when taking off. But, if the injen exhaust is loud at higher rpms, I guess I'll just have to find another way to gauge my rpms. My little E runs at about 3400 rpms at 70 mph.....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Injen Photos

I took some photos of the exhaust tip. I'll upload them sometime tomorrow. I also think I might go out for a drive with a mic hanging from my camcorder so I can record the exhaust. I'll upload that to YouTube. Will keep ya'll posted.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
523 Posts
..Dang, I'd like to have an exhaust like that. My E is so quite that I find myself over revving when taking off. But, if the injen exhaust is loud at higher rpms, I guess I'll just have to find another way to gauge my rpms. My little E runs at about 3400 rpms at 70 mph.....
From what I have read on here, Manuals are geared different which is why you rev so high at that speed. The 4-speed in pre-07 years would rev higher as well. It is one of the reasons why the auto can get better MPG. I am sure you can get used to the newer sound if you went with it. In all honesty, I like the exhaust more than I anticipated. I also have the Injen CAI which really only gets loud under heavy throttle. I guarantee you will love it. Install can take less than 10 minutes too, or an hour if it doesn't go smoothly like it did with me. Getting the rubber hangers to release the stock pegs (?) was tough for me, and reinstalling the spring screws was a pain but was solved by lubing it up a little with some dirty oil.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Video w/sound of Injen exhaust.

Here's a video with sound that I took this AM of the Injen exhaust sound. I think it's real sweet! Will upload some photos shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAZp_c9W08

1 - 11 of 11 Posts