Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously looking for a used Element - I love my sister-in-law's '05. The only problem I've seen, is that most of the used '03s show a lot of wear on the interior. (I'm a stickler for a clean interior). So my question: if I find a used Element that I really like, but the interior needs some work - am I going to be able to find new/replacement seats and urethane flooring for it?
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Summoned-Elemental. You can get most everything but might not like the cost. OTOH some of the plastic panels are pretty reasonable.

You mentioned the urethane floor, but have you seen the accessory carpet? Also have you looked at SCs? I'd bet their interiors tend to be better maintained. What will be the car's mission?

·
Registered
510 Posts
If a cover up works for you, do what Ramblerdan said... carpet kit... or get the elemmat. The elemmat looks great imho. (elemmat owner)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'll look more into the Elemmat. The car's purpose is just a daily driver for myself, as well as regular transportation for my wife and 2 kids (9&5). I like the utilitarian styling and feel of the standard Element, the carpet and the SC models seem to be trying to be more like a CR-V. I'm coming from 13 years in a regular cab 97 Ford Ranger.
One question I forgot to ask before, I notice on the older Elements, the interior trim mimics the outside color in several places, is that changeable? I like the straight grey or black colors more than the greens and blues I see on several of them. I keep cars for a LONG time, so if I can find a good one, I'd be willing to spend some to tweek it to my personal style if it turned out to be possible.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If youre talking about the blue trim with the blue outter panels, thats the only stock color matching that i know of. I do know that there are several dash kits available. I believe at least one of the vendors on the site offers a pretty decent selection, might be worth taking a look.
Some have also pulled trim, sanded and painted it to their liking. In my sig on the Orange List (page 2) the rube is possibly one of the most striking examples of interior trim modding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts