Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone share their purchase prices for the 4WD EX in NJ.
Kay Honda in Eatontown is quoting me MSRP+destination charge = ~21300, delivery in late March. I have not started the negotiation process yet.
I'm willing to go to southern NY, SW PA, or Delware to get a good deal around that time frame or in April.

While I'm at it, I am selling my red 2000 S2000 with 22500 garaged miles. I've installed: front spoiler, wind deflector, new speakers, alarm, and 100k extended warranty. Car is in perfect shape with not even a ding. Kelley blue book has it at $24225 without the extras.
I'm selling since I'm tired on the lousy weather in the NE, and I'm moving to NYC and don't want to deal with the pot holes. :(
With the spring and summer coming up, she's going to make someone very happy!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
21 Posts
That sounds about right. I tried 4 different dealers in New Jersey.

Route 23 Honda in Pompton Plains
Joyce Honda in Denville
Honda of Caldwell
Planet Honda on Rt 22 in Union

None of them would budge from MSRP.

I've had some success with Planet Honda (my least favorite dealer)
They quoted me MSRP for a 2WD EX auto. plus the remaining 3 months payment on my existing lease. They tried to quote me 2K over sticker but I refused. These Dealers will not sell below MSRP because they know they can get it. (at least in NJ)

Jeeze .... even 3 years after the launch of the Odessey, its still being sold 4K above MSRP. Hot Honda's are brutal for us consumers.

As for the S2000 ...... I would have jumped all over your deal but I can't at the moment. Currently I have a 98 Integra Type R (original owner) with 25,000 miles. I would have to sell the ITR to get the S2000 and I'm not quite ready to sell just yet. Maybe I'll get the bug to sell ...who knows....

Goodluck with your shopping. Let us know how you do.

BTW: Caldwell Honda is receiving something like 15 Elements within the next few weeks. Just about all of them were 4WD EX's

-Nick

·
Registered
140 Posts
onejamesy, if you are willing to drive down to Northern VA (10 minutes from DC), there is a dealer that I bought my Element from that I can put you in touch with. I got my car for $1000 below MSRP (and no processing fee), it is a Silver EX 2WD with 5-speed. I am sure that he is willing to make the same deal with any Element that he has in stock. His name is Koffie Desire, call him at Rosenthal Honda @ 703-749-6600. Good luck.

George

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
well not below msrp but my dealer in Dover (DE) awesome service, wonderful people.. not pushy and very helpful!

(See Charles at Price Honda, tell him I sent ya)...

The will deliver it to you, do everything over the phone.. and if your accessories are not in, they will pick up your element when they are and leave you a car to drive.. no hassle.. they are very accomadating.. amazing.. let me know if you need or want more info!

I am totally thrilled with them.. getting another honda from them too, we have our 2year old tacoma we are trying to sell out right and just not happening sooo we plan to see about trading it along with our integra for perhaps the 03 accord!!

Good luck & keep us posted!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in Northern Va and also got one for a little better than 1k under. But I really don't think that will last. The car is popular right now and if the weather clears up it will be hard to deal. I would do it now while the dealers are still hurting from the drop in sales due to weather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ignore the "Las Cruces, NM" location that I'm in now...I relocated this year. About 2 years ago, I bought an Odyssey from Planet Honda in Passaic, just north of Clifton off Route 21. Easy on/off from the highway. I worked with a saleman named J. Ray. At the time, the odyssey's were selling for
$2-4,000 over sticker, and they sold me an EX at sticker. I sold it 18 months later for the same price. J. Ray was OK to deal with.

Now if someone can give me a great buy on an Element 4WD EX here in Las Cruces.

By the way...I still have family and friends back in Jersey...and I really do commiserate with you on all those record-setting snowfalls this year while I'm here in the 60 degree sunshine. Really, I do. I mean it. I swear I do. 8) :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone who's providing the valuable info.

GYPSYTDA: how much did Price Honda sell the Element for? How much lower than stick was it?

Jake: which dealer did you get your deal from?

Thank you again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts