Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, this was a total bitch to install. I dont think there is a single muscle/bone in my fingers/hands that dont hurt right now! The pictures make them look grey, but they are jet black. There are more pictures in my albums. tomorrw i have to restretch to get the remaining few wrinkles out

Before

after

·
Registered
724 Posts
That actually doesn't look too bad. The only thing that kills it is the base color of the front seats.

Reminds me of a black and white cookie :p

You know, I never understood why Honda decided on giving the newer gen EX's the standard Khaki interior color.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That actually doesn't look too bad. The only thing that kills it is the base color of the front seats.

Reminds me of a black and white cookie :p

You know, I never understood why Honda decided on giving the newer gen EX's the standard Khaki interior color.
i actually like the contrast. if i wanted to wait, i was going to get the stitching in a tan color

·
Registered
599 Posts
i actually like the contrast. if i wanted to wait, i was going to get the stitching in a tan color
Now that would have nailed it, contrast stitching and maybe a little contrast piping as well.

Nice job man, very sharp.

·
Registered
100 Posts
nice job, not bad at all..
did you feel more comfortable compare to the stock?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice job, not bad at all..
did you feel more comfortable compare to the stock?
most definately. anyone who owns a new element that complains about the seats being stiff need to get this interior kit. The seats are not as firm now

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice job -- This is high on my want list. I assume that they install over the existing covers as opposed to having to remove the OEM covers?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job -- This is high on my want list. I assume that they install over the existing covers as opposed to having to remove the OEM covers?
yes, but to be honest with you the full replacements are easier to install IMO. lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice! But, what about the side impact airbags on the side of our seats? I was thinking of doing the same with mine as I have an upholstery background and wanted to customize it, but wasn't sure on doing it due to the fact of the side impact bags...

Will they still inflate correctly upon impact? Or would it actually cause more damage than not?!

Non the less, looks sick!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! But, what about the side impact airbags on the side of our seats? I was thinking of doing the same with mine as I have an upholstery background and wanted to customize it, but wasn't sure on doing it due to the fact of the side impact bags...

Will they still inflate correctly upon impact? Or would it actually cause more damage than not?!

Non the less, looks sick!
they are designed for the side airbag seats.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Now that would have nailed it, contrast stitching and maybe a little contrast piping as well.
Ditto...

Nice job man, very sharp.
Double ditto...
Now that I've gotten 10-months in, I'm thinking of this when I do wear down the seats a bit... It's the rest of the interior that I'm worried about coordinating...!

LBD

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I had the clazzios in my old scion xb.
For the money they are great, HOWEVER you better remove them once in a while just to get underneath "fresh"

When you sit on them or get them wet it kind of festers underneath.
I had removed them for selling and it was like wet dog (don't own a dog) in my seats.

Had i known that i would either have NOT gotten them or put some carpet powder cleaner between the cushions periodically :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had the clazzios in my old scion xb.
For the money they are great, HOWEVER you better remove them once in a while just to get underneath "fresh"

When you sit on them or get them wet it kind of festers underneath.
I had removed them for selling and it was like wet dog (don't own a dog) in my seats.

Had i known that i would either have NOT gotten them or put some carpet powder cleaner between the cushions periodically :)
my seats are water and stain resistant, so i dont think that will be a problem

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wickster,

Can you post the link to the site you bought the leather from? I must have missed it...and if you don't mind, how much for the package?

My seats are going to need recovering in the future and I like the way yours turned.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
being that its been a few months now.....

hows the fit? do the covers move at all?

im in the market for a set. but my local interior guy brought up afew reasons why they dont buy or install covers.

looked at my seats and said with the deep center they will shift from sitting and getting in and out

mind you i had only went to an interior place to get prices on center console cover and door pieces recovered and stitched to match.

I really like the look of the clazzios and from pictures...the custom ones didnt stand out as being much better and at 1800$ for a full interior not really worth it. there still only part real leather

so hows it holding up wickster

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
being that its been a few months now.....

hows the fit? do the covers move at all?

im in the market for a set. but my local interior guy brought up afew reasons why they dont buy or install covers.

looked at my seats and said with the deep center they will shift from sitting and getting in and out

mind you i had only went to an interior place to get prices on center console cover and door pieces recovered and stitched to match.

I really like the look of the clazzios and from pictures...the custom ones didnt stand out as being much better and at 1800$ for a full interior not really worth it. there still only part real leather

so hows it holding up wickster
perfectly fine - NO ISSUES! Your interior guy is full of crap

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
thanks for the input. its very reassuring and i think i will go with the clazzio set thanks a lot :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts