Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my 28 inch Eyourlife light bar on my E! I'm so stoked on how it came out...I decided to mount it in my grille to keep the sleek look... Already put the thing to the test and it lights up everything in its path:evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
what did you do to your stock rims? Power coat? Plasti dip?
or are they aftermarket

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
What did you mount to? Im trying to figure out where on a 2010 sc front bumper

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Just installed my 28 inch Eyourlife light bar on my E! I'm so stoked on how it came out...I decided to mount it in my grille to keep the sleek look... Already put the thing to the test and it lights up everything in its path:evil:
Keep a close eye on your temperature gauge. You have blocked off a large portion of your radiator with your light bar.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It looks great, was it a tough install? Also, where did you get the blackout grille??... it looks sweet

·
Registered
477 Posts
had a Jeep behind me this evening with an LED light bar
like that, it was so blinding i really thought about following
him home and taking a baseball bat to it !!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had a post up on this thread but it must have been taken down

This car is currently for sale on craigslist

you may have better luck on there contacting the OP for questions since he has not answered anybodies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Keep a close eye on your temperature gauge. You have blocked off a large portion of your radiator with your light bar.
This. As a resident of the Southwest, I am not a fan of reducing airflow to any part of the cooling system. Overheating is a risk, or possibly just diminished AC performance. Can't live with either scenario.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks awesome
Exactly how I want to install one
Sorry for having been MIA, but I am back. The installation wasn't really that hard. You have to cut the plastic fins in order for it to fit the bar inside the front. The mounting brackets that came with the bar 28 in bar are the perfect ones for the element.

Once i cut all the plastic fins to the height I wanted I was then able to drill through the metal bumper that is just on the inside of the plastic. Next, I screwed the brackets into the metal bumper, I was then able to mount the lightbar. I ran the wiring through the side walls of the fender (easy to do if you remove plastic inside wheel well) then I installed the switch in the empty slot next to the cruise control button. Came out super clean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doesn't block anymore air flow than it did before. Ample amounts of room underneath, on top, and the sides. Drove it across country never had a single temperature problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks great, was it a tough install? Also, where did you get the blackout grille??... it looks sweet
Thanks, I appreciate it! Not tough to install, more of a time commitment since you basically have to almost take off the whole front to be able to drill the holes for the bracket.

Its the original grille, i just plasti dipped it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This. As a resident of the Southwest, I am not a fan of reducing airflow to any part of the cooling system. Overheating is a risk, or possibly just diminished AC performance. Can't live with either scenario.

I live in the southwest. Never had a problem with overheating or AC performance. I have taken it from LA to through Utah and Colorado, to South Carolina and back. Never had a single issue.

As well as Blackstar in the Anaheim hills many a times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same Install - Different E

Hola E Gang,

Big Dog is actually my brother and we both have Es. I liked his install so much I ordered up a 28 - inch light bar and we installed it the same way on my 2011 as his 2004. We tried to take some more pictures to help those on here looking for guidance.

The TLDR version with pictures below (pics are in not in correct order):
- Remove front bumper and grill (wheel well trim piece screws,plastic
clips under hood, 10mm bolts below). Plenty of videos showing this.
- Cut plastic "bottom grill" to allow for light bar to fit.
- Drill holes through steel bar that crosses in front of the radiator for light
bar brackets to fasten to.
- Wire Light bar through driver side wheel well to above coin catcher
(you can put this wherever you want).
- Reassemble and enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, very cool. Thanks for posting those images.

What brand light bar dd you guys use and where did you purchase it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts