Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im At It Again!

This Time i Got My HID light system installed, And A little Something Extra.

All Tease ya with a couple pix then post the good ones as sooon as i take them tonight!

LOOK ITS AMAIZING!
LOL seriously i did do something extra but...

Al Keep ya guessing till later!

What Do You Think I Did

·
Registered
63 Posts
Judging by the bright strips on the lower edges of the headlights in the first picture, I'd say you did some Audi-esque LED bars.

If i'm right, I'm extremely jealous. If I'm wrong, I'm still extremely jealous. I've wanted to do an HID kit fome some time, I just haven't been able to justify the cost with the fiancee....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I Dont Get It I went into the site a couple of porsche light's
>>??
If That's What you Think I did 2 my car?!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Judging by the bright strips on the lower edges of the headlights in the first picture, I'd say you did some Audi-esque LED bars.

If i'm right, I'm extremely jealous. If I'm wrong, I'm still extremely jealous. I've wanted to do an HID kit fome some time, I just haven't been able to justify the cost with the fiancee....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Once you Light it Up for The First Time It COMPLETELY JUSTIFY'S EVERYTHING!. plus your waAARm. Global Warming Warm!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I Dont Get It I went into the site a couple of porsche light's
>>??
If That's What you Think I did 2 my car?!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Once you Light it Up for The First Time It COMPLETELY JUSTIFY'S EVERYTHING!. plus your waAARm. Global Warming Warm!
ha i am sorry. It was for Markjay, if he wants an HID look on his E, ddmtuning sells hid kit for around 90.

·
Registered
556 Posts
yeah i like the leds but the hids in the halogen housings have to much glare you can tell in your first picture there shouldnt be that much glare in the camera because you would be above the cutoff. but since you are in Puerto Rico maybe no one cares there

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
You're going to get flashed and possibly pulled over every chance they get thinking you're driving with your brights on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Deez,

I love the look of the LED's on the bottom.
Is this just a strip of LED's or some type of special "all weather" LED's?
Where did you purchase them from?

How did you install them? Are they inside the actual Honda headlight or just mounted below? How did you wire them in? Do they just turn on with your regular lights?

Sorry for all the questions but I love the look and would like to do this to my 2003 EX.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're going to get flashed and possibly pulled over every chance they get thinking you're driving with your brights on.
Thanks For Your Concern and Warning me!

But luckily Down Here There Legal, up to 800w!
So pretty much everyone has it installed.
I Understand peoples view on this matter but i dont think it is such a big deal.
Anyway Thnx 4 Comment!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Then you can fry their brains out when you high beam them back! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Deez,

I love the look of the LED's on the bottom.
Is this just a strip of LED's or some type of special "all weather" LED's?
Where did you purchase them from?

How did you install them? Are they inside the actual Honda headlight or just mounted below? How did you wire them in? Do they just turn on with your regular lights?

Sorry for all the questions but I love the look and would like to do this to my 2003 EX.

Thanks for the help

It's a L.E.D. Strip
There located Outside the Head Light
It's Basically the 3M bottom that you need to install
As Far as the wiring... Well am ashamed to say that I have No Clue...:-(
Am Not Good with batteries, lights, and other electrical tasks.!
I Just went to my local autopart store, i went in for the HID and cought a glance of a separate headlight they had installed the strip on.
TOld me it was new.
around $ 40-60 for both left and right. ( they come pre-cut but as u could see in my pix its just enough in length to cover the whole bottom. ) they mechanic told me you could cut it into the length you need.

Al Try To Get A Pic Of the Actual Strip When I Go Back and Try to get more info on its name and who makes it. ( it was bagged in a unmarked bag! ):confused:

Hope It Helped Some Way!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
oh my god. you're doing the audi style thing too?

not to be hating, but imo, it just does not fit.................. and serves absolutely no purpose what so ever.

just imo

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The glare looks to be horrible. Time for a proper HID projector retrofit. :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
oh my god. you're doing the audi style thing too?

not to be hating, but imo, it just does not fit.................. and serves absolutely no purpose what so ever.

just imo
I can find you tons of MODs that serve even less purpose than this on the DIY section. Lifting, lowering, rims, spoiler, etc. all pretty much serve no purpose. Making yourself more visible to other drivers would qualify as a purpose in my book. The Audi use these as DTRL, I do not know how Deez has them setup up though.

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
I like the led look and was hoping to do something similar to my lights sometime soon.

Keep up the mods....looks nice!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts