Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

I've settled on purchasing an Element and haven't decided yet whether to buy new or 1-2 years old. Based on the research I've done it seems the only real changes to the model were in 2007 when Honda added more power and safety features.

Can anyone fill me in on anything in particular to look for in terms of mechanical issues or little gremlins that might be associated with the Element? Also, are there any things to keep an eye out for concerning specific model years? I was going to see if I can get a deal on an '09 sitting on a lot, unless a used '08 came along that was too good to pass up.

I'm a somewhat addicted mountain biker, and this vehicle is perfect for cycling. After driving a Chevy Astro Van for the past 5 years I'm looking forward to a more compact and less expensive ride.

Oh, why is the weight limit so low? I read that it's rated for 675 pounds. That sounds odd considering it uses the same platform as the CRV which is rated for a higher payload. Four average sized men would easily exceed the limit.

Anyways, thanks for listening and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Welcome IanG, good luck on your shopping. Weight and towing limits have been well-discussed; spend some time here reading, and then if you have more specific questions, ask.

If buying used, check the vehicle's history (Carfax etc.) for damage repairs. Make sure the a/c works, as a few owners have reported premature compressor failures, and that's an expensive part.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome IanG, good luck on your shopping. Weight and towing limits have been well-discussed; spend some time here reading, and then if you have more specific questions, ask.

If buying used, check the vehicle's history (Carfax etc.) for damage repairs. Make sure the a/c works, as a few owners have reported premature compressor failures, and that's an expensive part.
What he said...! :lol:

Oh, and once you buy, don't forget the pics as well as filling in your profile...!

LBD

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
have you bought one yet? huh huh, have you?
why not? and if you have, why no pictues? huh, huh, why ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts