Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiancé and I just bought a new 2wd EX Element in Blue!
It's really her car. I myself have 01 Red Honda Civic EX Coupe.
Just for grins I will be trading my Civic sometime soon for either the new Accord sedan or the new Acura TSX. I'm a loyal Honda fanatic and well I love all things Honda. By the way we are in our twenties with a little girl. We love to mountain bike and the outdoors. We will definitely be putting the Element through its paces. We decided on not getting any options to save money. I figured we could save money by getting the stuff from the net. I just have some questions. The roof rack does it only really hold about 50lbs? What about the bike attachment does anyone have it? If you do what do you think of it? I also saw that you guys know of a do it your self to do the keyless entry? Have you done it? And what are your comments on that. Any other little tidbits could really help out. Hey if you’re in Houston and bike we'll see you at Memorial Park from time to time in our blue element. Go Honda!

Regards,
JR

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome NubluElement,

Don't forget to post in our Miscellaneous Forum. We're doing an age roll call.
Again, welcome to our world! :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
First the keyless entry is a snap and Element J has the best site about it at http://www.ecnet.net/users/gallery/element-j/

I bought all my accessories from http://www.handa-accessories.com/element.html which is a Honda dealer on the west coast that does a good amount of business on the web.

The roof rack I believe is at a 66lbs limit. I mountain bike as well so I just bought two fork holders and connected them to a board since I did not want the fork holders permanently connected to the floor.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote:7418c9bb7e="NuBluElement"]My fiancé and I just bought a new 2wd EX Element in Blue!
It's really her car. I myself have 01 Red Honda Civic EX Coupe.
Just for grins I will be trading my Civic sometime soon for either the new Accord sedan or the new Acura TSX. I'm a loyal Honda fanatic and well I love all things Honda. By the way we are in our twenties with a little girl. We love to mountain bike and the outdoors. We will definitely be putting the Element through its paces. We decided on not getting any options to save money. I figured we could save money by getting the stuff from the net. I just have some questions. The roof rack does it only really hold about 50lbs? What about the bike attachment does anyone have it? If you do what do you think of it? I also saw that you guys know of a do it your self to do the keyless entry? Have you done it? And what are your comments on that. Any other little tidbits could really help out. Hey if you’re in Houston and bike we'll see you at Memorial Park from time to time in our blue element. Go Honda!

Regards,
JR[/quote:7418c9bb7e]

Congrats JR!
If you don't mind me asking, who'd you buy your new Element from? Was it a good experience? Did they have many 5spd EX's on the lot? I have a pure hatred for Jeep dealerships, as every time is usually a bad one! :evil: Sorry for all the questions! ;) As soon as I can sell my current 2002 Jeep Wrangler X, I want to get a 2wd/5spd/black Element EX.

BTW - Yeah, ElementJ's website makes the Keyless Entry install a breeze! I'll have to try that myself, along with some carpeted floor mats. I'd like the foglights as well, but the look like a PITA to install...so I might leave that up to the dealer. ;)

Again, congrats on your new Element!

RustyB in Tomball

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We bought it at Goodson Honda.
Yes, it was a great experience. The salesman was knowledgeable and very helpful. We tried Sterling McCall first and it was a totally bad experience with them. As far as having elements I saw like 4. I saw a black one there too. If you like contact me by email and I will give you my sales man's name. This guy really goes out of his way to do things right. As a matter of fact I might buy my Accord from him later on. Good luck. Contact me here: [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote:5f7e5a4d86="NuBluElement"]We bought it at Goodson Honda.
Yes, it was a great experience. The salesman was knowledgeable and very helpful. We tried Sterling McCall first and it was a totally bad experience with them. As far as having elements I saw like 4. I saw a black one there too. If you like contact me by email and I will give you my sales man's name. This guy really goes out of his way to do things right. As a matter of fact I might buy my Accord from him later on. Good luck. Contact me here: [email protected][/quote:5f7e5a4d86]

How funny! Goodson was the dealer I was going to go visit! They were the only dealer that showed a black EX/5spd in their inventory, not to mention they're the closest to my house. I'll shoot you an email before I do, so I can give the salesman your name...some dealers have that finders fee deal if you refer someone.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
RustyB- My OKC dealer got my 5spd EX out of Lute Riley in Dallas -might want to check their website because they seem to have a constant influx of E's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts