Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

After much help from this forum, I finally replaced my E's shoes with some new Michelin LTX M/S2's at 225/70/16 from TireRack.com. They fit nicely and don't rub on turns.

I live in Chicago and it has been snowing for 5 days straight. The Michelin's have been performing admirably, getting me out of the 16" of snow in the alley and around the city everyday. For those that care, I took a photo of one of the snowy tires and a video of me driving around like there's no snow on the ground. After taking the video and going to get some ice melt, I came across a Rav4 that got stuck in a 2' snowdrift while trying to come out of an closed grocery store parking lot (not plowed). He didn't have AWD so his front tires were just spinning. I pulled up in front of him, grill to grill, and asked if he needed a push. He agreed, so my E pushed him backwards and out of the drift as I went through it from the other side with no problem. Gotta love new tires. Oh, here's the photo and 45s video:

Video of Element on Snowy Drive

·
Registered
25 Posts
I remember replacing my 60,000-mile OEMs for those Michelins - hell of improvement. I sold the original 2004 with 100k miles (40k on those Michelins) and those were the best tires I had ever owned.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey All,

After much help from this forum, I finally replaced my E's shoes with some new Michelin LTX M/S2's at 225/70/16 from TireRack.com. They fit nicely and don't rub on turns.

I live in Chicago and it has been snowing for 5 days straight. The Michelin's have been performing admirably, getting me out of the 16" of snow in the alley and around the city everyday. For those that care, I took a photo of one of the snowy tires and a video of me driving around like there's no snow on the ground. After taking the video and going to get some ice melt, I came across a Rav4 that got stuck in a 2' snowdrift while trying to come out of an closed grocery store parking lot (not plowed). He didn't have AWD so his front tires were just spinning. I pulled up in front of him, grill to grill, and asked if he needed a push. He agreed, so my E pushed him backwards and out of the drift as I went through it from the other side with no problem. Gotta love new tires. Oh, here's the photo and 45s video:

Video of Element on Snowy Drive
I had the same tires on my 2003 Element I think there JUNK in the snow.My E was fish tailing all over the place in the snow and I have the AWD system.Also they were killing my gas mileage.I sold them on Ebay and went back down to stock size with my snow tires I had in storage.To each his own I guess

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had/have the LTX's on my 2003 and now my 2008 Element (both front wheel drive). After logging over 70k on my first set and now almost 60k on my second E, these are by far the best tire I've experienced on any vehicle I've owned.

They're great in snow and rain, but still smooth and quiet for the rest of the seasons. And they wear like iron.

I'm disappointed to learn them Michelin discontinued them in the 215/70/16 size - stock E size. I once tried the 225/70/16 on the E and didn't care for it. It loses some power with the taller tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts