Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is that the Element has many common parts with established vehicles. What does it share with the CRV? Civic?

I'm finally getting a chance to see an Orange element this week. Have seen all of the other colors...at the moment I'm favoring the green, but if the Orange is subdued enough (not too freaky), I might go for that. The 4wd is of interest to me, but that's only because I want the sunroof!

I'm in Orlando....anyone else? Man, talking to car salesmen....whew!....it can be downright insulting! I'm hoping to pay $23,000 tax, tag, and everything else for a 4wd with a roof rack. Substract 1,400 for the 2wd. The dealer of interest charges $85/hour for labor!!! So I'm ordering other accessories from one of the site recommended in this forum and either doing it myself or having a body shop do it.

I've been waiting for a frigg'n car like this all my life....don't like carpet! The short american cargo vans were my only option, but horrible MPG and not terribly reliable. Station Wagons are too small.....SUVs are too big on the outside AND they don't have enough space on the inside! (go figure). I've been hunting for a rust free old VW camper van for some time.....but that would create a situation where I would have to own two cars (the practical daily driver and the camper). Thankfully, a car maker is making something that I can dig! Hopefully other Japanese makers will create models to compete with the Element.

Alright, look forward to any responses regarding any of the above!
Kelton

·
Registered
80 Posts
i to was waiting for a car like this to replace my vw vanagon. i was looking for a vanagon syncro 4x4 but they are so rare as well as they are not that reliable. so im getting rid of my vw and my suzuki side kick for the honda. my element still hasnt arrived yet but i cant wait to put it through its paces. even though they say its not really made for offroad its going go, and like it.my vw took me into the arizona and new mexico desert and thats with 2 wheel drive.(or one wheel depending on how you look at it).any way good luck on your color choice they all look pretty good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
[quote:25746a44c4="kelt36"]My understanding is that the Element has many common parts with established vehicles. What does it share with the CRV? Civic?
[/quote:25746a44c4]

The Engine is also used in the Accord.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think you will like the orange (I am a little biased! :lol: ) It is more of a burnt orange. That's how everyone describes mine. Anyway, I'm sure they're all beautiful.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Honda uses the engine in the CRV & Accord but the drive train and engine combo is the same as the CRV.

·
Registered
24 Posts
kelt36:

I just purchased the Shoreline Mist E last month EX Model. I purchased for my wife the new CRV. What I liked about the Element was that it uses the same Honda Global Platform as the Civic, CRV and also has the same proven engine as the CRV 160HP i-VTEC and the same auto transmission and drivetrain. Basically the only new thing about it is the new body style. The same Honda reliability should be there. I drive one week my wife's CRV to work and this week my E. They both drive great and perform for me. I have more fun in the E though and turn more heads. I think that you will love getting one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts