Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh No! Not another thread about a noise. Maybe someone out there has had the same noise and can help me out.

I noticed just the other day on the highway at about 60 mph. It sounds like there is a dragonfly stuck in my dash. Around my left leg by the A/C vent. Now if I slow down it goes away, but when I speed up, there it is. I just had foglights put in about a month ago. I'm wondering if its the wires fluttering with the air that comes in through the fresh air vent. But I closed the vent and put it on recirculating and its still there.

Its driving me mad, because I don't know where to look for it. I've got an appointment to take it in. But with all the horror stories of beat up dashboards. I don't know if I should trust them. Help!

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my E back yesterday, two days in the shop. No answer from dealer as to why or where. I took the tech out for a spin on the highway and at 80 mph it was when the noise seem to happen. They told me the E does not have a cover inside the wheel well like other cars do because of the new suspension. ??? So me and the service manager put our heads together and somewhat figured out... That at high speeds, air gets in there and is making something flutter about. At 60 mph there is no noise, so the faster I go, more air get in the wheel well and Voila! Dragonfly in dash noise... They also totally lost my keys, but thats a whole other thread... Hence the two days in the shop...Lotsa cool perks for the inconvenience... :roll:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.