Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I added a new outlet in my console for my Griffin TuneFlex iPhone/iPod holder / charger with remote control.
Adding the outlet and running the aux in cable was easy. I got most of my instructions right from this forum.
I ran the wires under the plastic floor (with a little help from a coat hanger), under the subwoofer to the fuse box. I used an add-a-circuit to power it up from an existing fuse holder.
The aux extension is a little less elegant. I just ran the cable from under the emergency brake hole, uder the floor, into the glove compartment and plug it in to the aux in when I need it.
This is the outlet I bought at West Marine, a boating supply store. Notice how I use the cap to hold the aux in wire. Am I clever or what?
elementoutlet1.jpg
This is what the iTouch looks like in its holder.
elementoutlet2.jpg
The TuneFlex comes with a magnetic remote control. Now I can control the iTouch without taking my eyes off the road.
elementoutlet3.jpg
It comes in very handy when someone calls me on the cell phone (with bluetooth earphone of course) - still my eyes are on the road. I can shut off the audible book on the iTouch without losing my place.
More pics to follow...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The TuneFlex remote is magnetic so you can easily remove it, hand it to someone else in the car or store it in a less conspicuous location.
This is what the holder looks like when the remote is removed.
elementoutlet4.jpg
This is one place where you can put it.
elementoutlet5.JPG
For those of you too squeamish to cut a hole in a console or wiring an outlet, the TuneFlex works quite nicely in the standard dashboard outlet.
elementoutlet6.JPG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts