Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 06 LX stick shift w 197k for $3500
with a salvage title due to cat theft. Other than that it was pretty well cared for & runs great.
Did I overpay?

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
738 Posts
The key is, do you think you overpaid? Did you have it checked out before you bought it? Willing buyer, willing seller. Considering some places are still asking twice that much for a 07-08 for ones with almost that many miles; it seems like a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,212 Posts
Just got a 06 LX stick shift w 197k for $3500
with a salvage title due to cat theft. Other than that it was pretty well cared for & runs great.
Did I overpay?
Welcome to the EOC NuitStar! :)

Your new E looks really good in the picture. (I like that color too!)

If the rest of it looks as good as the picture and everything is in basically in good running order, I would say you did very well at $3500.

Consider how much a new car would cost these days, which has also brought up the prices of used cars in general (and Elements in particular); again you did good! :)

Show us some more pictures of your new ride when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element, 5 speed, 230k miles
35 Posts
Looks great to me, but I may be a bit biased as I just bought one within the last month that’s almost your twin. And a good price as well, most in this area no matter condition bring $4-5k, I got mine for $3k on a family deal. So I think you did great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome! I agree with what others have mentioned. It looks good and well-taken care of is worth a bit.

Often when we take a superficial look comparing for sale ads we do not always see the hidden issues such as rusty bottoms, worn out items which don’t show in photos, improper repairs, smelly interiors, etc. Too easy to look at these cheaper ones and think you overpaid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a silver '06 stickshift 4 years ago with 167,000 miles for $5500. Never regretted it (my second E), and I didn't do anything near the due diligence that most do on these pages when buying a used E. The body and tires were in mint condition and I pulled out my checkbook. I got lucky. up to 230,000 now.

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
738 Posts
The key is, do you think you overpaid? Did you have it looked at before you gotten it? Willing purchaser, willing dealer. Considering a few spots are as yet approaching twice that much for a 07-08 for ones with nearly that numerous miles; it appears to be a sensible cost.
Gee, sounds familiar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little update: the first day I got it threw a dtc for o2 sensor when I got gas.
Then another o2 sensor dtc then a cylinder 1 running too rich & last night cylinder 1 misfire dtc
Im pretty worried, gonna try to get my money back today

1 - 11 of 11 Posts