Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! My boyfriend has been an element owner since 2004 and now I am...Yay! I was wondering, do floor mats come standard with the car and where is the best place to get car seat covers (besides Honda) for the Element 2009 EX AT with Navi? (Pictures of my car will soon be posted)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome to the E Club!

Floor mats (no they are not standard with the E) are available from Elemmat , one of the EOC sponsers - look in the Sponsers and Advertisers section.

Some have had good luck with Wet Okole seat covers.

But a question - do you do a lot of muddy offroading/camping or something?

The E is already set up with a great rubber floor, and soil and water resistant seats - one of the things that make an E an E. Why cover it up?

Like grandma's sticky plastic sofa cover to keep her sofa clean. Do you throw a sheet over your leather sofa at home, to "protect" it, from people sitting on it? :smile:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hello Everyone! My boyfriend has been an element owner since 2004 and now I am...Yay! I was wondering, do floor mats come standard with the car and where is the best place to get car seat covers (besides Honda) for the Element 2009 EX AT with Navi? (Pictures of my car will soon be posted)

Thanks
ElementalMelody,

Welcome to the EOC. There is a wealth of information in this forum. What one person does not know someone else does.
I purchased OEM Element seat covers for my E shortly after I bought it from HANDA. However, if you have side air bags in your E you cannot use them. Floormats to my knowledge, are not original equipment. I started out with the all weather rubber floormats (which I still have if you are interested) and ended up with carpeted ones. The carpeted ones are a bit more maintenance intensive (vacuuming) but look better. Hope this helped some.

Jackson:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Floor mats

Good luck with your new E!

I put in the Elematt steel pattern front & back...very cool looking. The front piece is about 1/2" thick and nice on the feet. I found the original flooring to be rather slippery. My two dogs are mud-lovers so it works for me to drag out the back floor piece and hose it down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
"The E is already set up with a great rubber floor, and soil and water resistant seats - one of the things that make an E an E. Why cover it up?"

I asked myself this same question until one day we had some major rain. I walked thru some fairly deep water on the way back to my E, which deposited a good amount on the floor. It ran over to the side of the floor where it meets the wall....just disappeared underneath the plastic wall panel. As I drove home, the water would run out depending on which way I turned. Bottom line is, I don't know where it's going, but it can't be a good thing for it to be draining into "parts unknown"! I know the OEM mats at least have a small lip on the edges that might contain a bit of that otherwise "free range" moisture!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats to your new purchase. I recently purchased a 2009 SC and it came with 3 piece carpeted mats. I'm not sure if the EX comes with it too. But I heard so much about Elemmat and they provide a video of the actual item they sell. Hope this helps Gud luck!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome & congrts on your new E. BTW, we don't believe you untill you post some pics. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Floor mats

Congrats on your new E!! I bought Waterhog floor mats from LL Bean and these are the greatest floor mats ever made!! They absorb any and all water, great for the winter when I am in and out of the vehicle frequently. This is the third vehicle I have used the same set in and they still look brand new. They are easy to clean and no stains!!

I also am interested in seat covers, but have the side air bags. I have tan interior and I know it is going to stain eventually, so I do want to protect it. I am still looking!!

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Elemmat Front Mat

Good luck with your new E!

I put in the Elematt steel pattern front & back...very cool looking. The front piece is about 1/2" thick and nice on the feet. I found the original flooring to be rather slippery. My two dogs are mud-lovers so it works for me to drag out the back floor piece and hose it down.
Is the front mat the same as the back mat? I bought the full back mat from Elemmat and although I love it, I'm looking for something different up front. I want something with lips on the edges to keep any mud or snow from seeping off the mat. The back mat doesn't have this, so I'm hesitant to order the front mat from them if it is the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Woo hoo! My first post and it is a reply!

I bought the Genuine Factory Honda Element All Season floor mats from H and A and am pretty happy with them on my new 09 EX. I did not like the factory (hard-plastic looking) cargo tray for the back, so I bought the Lloyd RubberTite mat from AutoAnything for the rear. Grippy, will hold spilled liquids and the fit is snug. The only goofy thing is that it has little nubs on the bottom, as if it were to go over a carpeted cargo area. Not a big deal, but goofy nonetheless.

Seat covers... I saw some from H and A for the rear, but not for the front for the 09. There was a notice about not putting seat covers on seats with built-in airbags.

I would be interested if there are any OEM looking seatcovers that would be airbag safe...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.