Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I just picked up an '03 EX Element 5 speed with 81k miles on her. The interior has a fair amount of dirt and stains on it, but I will work on getting those out over the next months.
I have only had the car a week, but have done a fair amount of reading, research and tweaking of the car.
First off the AC had that musty smell, so I ripped apart the dash, replaced the cabin filters and cleaned out the HVAC area (pic below). I was able to get it all back together without using the manual.
I had to replace the tail gate plastic flap that hinges.
The driver speaker was broken, replaced that.
Added keyless entry (sweet!)
A few of the interior weather seals needed new plastic clips
Changed the oil.
Used peanut butter to remove the wax off the plastic

There is a slight clunking in the rear suggesting the rear struts need replacing, but that is for a future date.
So far the dog loves it, the fiance and I are getting use to the strange car. I will say, it is nothing like I have driven before, like a small bus. I have a rusty 91 Toyota pickup that this will be replacing with 205k miles. I also have a 91 Toyota MR2 turbo in great shape and my fiance has a '03 civic that runs great. I also fit well into the E at 6'4".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your E! One of the things reviewers knock the E on is the seating position relative to the car, and for me it is one of it's strongest features after you get accustomed to it. You should fit in quite nicely here after seeing your tear into approach! Keep the posts and pics coming!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome aboard from another Ohioan!! Way to tear things up!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else live near me? I am in Dublin which is the northwest part of Columbus. I have meet many great people through my MR2 car and driving, I would enjoy doing the same with some E owners as the interests are a little different. More outdoors stuff.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Hi neighbor! OK, I live just 4 miles west of the OSU Campus, but Dublin is close. Would be great if we could get something going here in Columbus! Glad you found us!!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I live on the East side of Columbus (Gahana/New Albany), but I'm not sure for how much longer, I'll probably be moving apartments here soon. But I'll still be in Columbus :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
right on! _jea_ is in columbus.

i'm in cincinnati. though my in-laws live in upper arlington ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yo, BurnoutX...is it just me or is there just not that many Elements rolling around in Cincy?

My last few ventures there have been with few sitings

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
So, when is the next meet in Columbus?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but you need to get used to it:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yo, BurnoutX...is it just me or is there just not that many Elements rolling around in Cincy?

My last few ventures there have been with few sitings
you are very accurate. the elements in this city are far and few between. in fact, i think i have maybe seen a handful on the road on my side of town.

as for SC's -- none.

ps: i'd be down for a cbus meet up :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
beautifully done, Sir.

Good Work!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts