Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!!

JUST GOT MY 2010 last week!!
What a time it was finding one until I met this salesperson Keith Onyshczak at Burne Honda in Scranton Pa. 1800-822-2110
He searched other dealers and had a member of the staff drive 2hrs away to pick up the vehicle for me.
I made the deal with him on Monday and drove it away by wed.
and it was thanksgiving week.
AMAZING!!!

Questions:
- is there anything i can do or turn off during non winter months to increase my gas mileage?
-i am a clean freak like monk and notice a black soot (carbon) on the chrome tip even 2 days after i wash and polish it. I have never had this happen do quick. is something wrong?
-with being very tall i notice that the arm rest is way too low. do they make anything to extend the height of the center console to rest my arm on?

thank you very much!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome, do you work @ Dunder-Mifflin?

Questions:
- is there anything i can do or turn off during non winter months to increase my gas mileage? - NOT unless you keep the air conditioner off
-i am a clean freak like monk and notice a black soot (carbon) on the chrome tip even 2 days after i wash and polish it. I have never had this happen do quick. is something wrong?- Learn to live with it, you'll be happier in the long run
-with being very tall i notice that the arm rest is way too low. do they make anything to extend the height of the center console to rest my arm on? - cut a piece of foamcore and have it covered with fabric then attach it using velcro strips

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Wow ! A clean Freak!

Just go to H and A and obtain a second tip. Then when you get home at night, take the used one off, put the clean one on. Take the old one in the house with you and put it in the dish washer with the dinner dishes. Then Just take it with you when you go out the door in the morning. When you return home at the end of the day, Take the dirty one off. Put the clean one on. Take the dirty one in the house with you and throw it in the dishwasher with the nights dirty dishes! In the morning Just take it with you on your way out for the day. When you get home at the end of the day, Just take the dirty one off, put the clean one on and take.......... well you get the Idea, I hope! :grin:

Just kidding,

Yes they do get dirty fast. It's in part do to the design. Water condenses on it quickly retaining the carbon and road dirt. Then the water evaporates leaving behind the scummy film. That builds up quickly and looks bad. I ignore it now. It did drive me nuts at first. The fix would be to have one welded to the pipe. That would solve the cool air flow through the gap between the tip and the pipe. That cold air is the cause of the faster than normal condensation build up in my IMHO !

Dom

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts