Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 EX.

The ride: 1-owner, dealer-maintained and obviously very well-cared for EX with auto trans and 100k on the clock. Elderly couple sold car to local dealership as they downsized to move into a retirement facility (or so the story goes, but condition inside and out backs this up). This is the cleanest Element I've seen and feel very luck to by the second keeper of this wonderful car.

Me: 40-something real estate professional and lifelong car nut. Wife, 3-year old daughter and I have been getting wanderlust while stuck at home over the last year and decided to pick up a new family adventure-mobile.

Anyways - looking forward to learning from everyone and being a part of the community.

Cheers,

Pete

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the EOC PeteZee! :)

Sounds like a great find! And yes, an Element is one of the better adventure-mobiles out there!

Show us some pictures of your new Element when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2007 EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch! It snowed the day after I picked it up so the detail it had off the lot now looks like every gray salt-washed car in the Northeast at the moment.

Right away I'm dealing with the occasional transmission shudder in the rear end around 40-48mph. Forum has already proven helpful in diagnosing with the dealership where I picked her up. I just wish they weren't an hour away as I've already had to make the trip for diagnostics twice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks a bunch! It snowed the day after I picked it up so the detail it had off the lot now looks like every gray salt-washed car in the Northeast at the moment.

Right away I'm dealing with the occasional transmission shudder in the rear end around 40-48mph. Forum has already proven helpful in diagnosing with the dealership where I picked her up. I just wish they weren't an hour away as I've already had to make the trip for diagnostics twice!
So a month in, how's the honeymoon?

·
Registered
2007 EX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a month in, how's the honeymoon?
Issues seem to have been ironed out after a fluid drain and replacement. Have loved having the AWD in the snow/ice we've been inundated with the Northeast the last few weeks - the Element has been incredibly sure-footed. My 3-year old loves riding in her car seat in the back as she has much better visibility than in our other car (2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDi). So far so good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts