Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the foglights spoiler, and sidesteps installed as well. I have one question though about the remote entry system. --Is the car suppose to come with the KEYLESS REMOTE as well or is that an addtional fee? I asked my salesman and he said it didn't come with the remote only the system but looking at the owners manual and quickstart guide it looks like it DOES - it doesn't say optional like the NAVI system does in the paperwork. --Can someone please clarify this issue so I can either rest assured or get what I paid for (a new car with everything that is suppose to come with it)?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, post some pics upon completion. Welcome to the site, and before the moderator nazis catch you.....fill out your profile!:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am getting the foglights spoiler, and sidesteps installed as well. I have one question though about the remote entry system. --Is the car suppose to come with the KEYLESS REMOTE as well or is that an addtional fee? I asked my salesman and he said it didn't come with the remote only the system but looking at the owners manual and quickstart guide it looks like it DOES - it doesn't say optional like the NAVI system does in the paperwork. --Can someone please clarify this issue so I can either rest assured or get what I paid for (a new car with everything that is suppose to come with it)?
I just bought a new 2009EX and it did came with two remote entry lock devices. The dealer did not hand them to me, I just happened to find them in a bag with the owners manual.
The dealer, salesman, just took my check and handed me three keys. They are so busy with cash for clunkers that they are having a field day!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats to your new purchase. We bought a 2009 SC and it came with 2 remotes and 3 keys ( 2 blacks and 1 gray for valet). Probably the dealer lost it or wants more money from you. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HI all

Thanks for your posts in this thread. I just finished raising hell at the dealership and they have 2 remotes ordered and surprisingly produced my 3rd key! So finally I can calm down.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Tacoloft, Rickcin, and BlueSC_09... WELCOME!!!

Hey Jazzy007,

That makes it 3-new Bay Area owners in the past month...!!! Sounds like a meet is in order after the Tahoe get-together... I think our total now is around 20-ish...? I know of Rolie (now you) and some others who got involved with the Northern Cal meet thread a while back...

Congrats you guys/gals... I hope your E brings you many years of service and enjoyment...!

LBD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts