Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to share that the MAACO in Oakland Park, FL did a very nice job repainting our E! 5 year warranty on the paint. No warranty though on the black (plastic) areas. They took care of a couple of dents where I met the garbage cans backing out of my driveway! As original owners...we have 53,000 miles and it's a 2006. Just did brakes, alternator six months ago and more recently replaced both front arms and rod. She rides nice and looks like new (except for the oxidated rims and dull headlights - but will consider those later). Interior is impeccably clean. Haven't had to do anything to it. Any advice on rims and headlights is welcomed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great - did you have clear coat peeling issues - our 2008 Tango Red does. Also, whats the cost of an E paint job these days?
Cheers!

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great - did you have clear coat peeling issues - our 2008 Tango Red does. Also, whats the cost of an E paint job these days?
Cheers!
Yes on the top only. The clear coat was peeling off in circular spots. I didn't want to start getting rust. It came in at about $2200. Included fixing our small dents on the hatch and the premium paint with clear coat. They sanded down the entire top in the prep work. It looks like glass! Guaranteed 5 years. Also pin stripes and black plastic areas were painted. They are having me bring it back to correct (redo) an area in the lower hatch so they are standing behind their workmanship quality. Really recommend taking care of the finish to avoid rust. Best wishes!

·
Registered
312 Posts
It looks great - like the day it was "born"!

Question: did you consider having the black trim painted to match the body? Someone in my neighborhood (Colorado Springs) has a Kiwi Green 2007-2008 model with the trim painted Kiwi Green. It looks amazing (don't get me wrong - yours do too).

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you... No we did not consider changing the black. Would love to see the green on green though. Curious now! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for this info. Our 2006 (kiwi green) has some clear coat peeling. It's helpful to have a ballpark of the cost of paint and clear coat. I've used headlight "renewal" kits from our local auto supply store with decent results. I have one from NuLens that attaches to a drill to polish.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Element
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for this info. Our 2006 (kiwi green) has some clear coat peeling. It's helpful to have a ballpark of the cost of paint and clear coat. I've used headlight "renewal" kits from our local auto supply store with decent results. I have one from NuLens that attaches to a drill to polish.
Not seeing my earlier response to this. Not sure what happened. Our price was based on the minimal amount of body work needed (no rust and only small dents on the back hatch. It came in around 2K for the premium coat (5yr).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts