Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So backing into a parking spot today I was T-boned by some lady who was too impatient to wait on me to get fully into the spot. Needless to say the bottom of the front passenger door is bent in which has caused the top of the door to be bent outwards, which both leak water now.

Instead of getting it reshaped I was thinking about getting a new door. Now I couldn't find any other posts of anyone else that have replaced it themselves or anywhere online that i can get some price quotes.

My questions are, would be has anyone else replaced the door themselves? How difficult would a task like this be to do myself?

Secondly if you replaced it yourself how much did the new door cost. I was considering getting it from a junkyard.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
get one from a junk yard, swap the key cylinder out and you are ready to put it on. the connectors for all the power stuff are right in the kickpanel and just need to be unplugged and they will slip right out where the grommet pushes into the body of the truck. couple bolts to loosen and you are done. 2 parts that will be the most cumbersome are swaping the lock and lining the door up properly after the "new" one is back on there.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Did she have insurance??? If so, take it to a body shop, have it done right,
and make her insurance pay for it!!!! There may be damage you do not see,
and that may make it so NO door will fight properly. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I agree with AztecRol, have HER insurance pay for it and a body shop. Her damn fault for being impatient, she has to pay the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts