Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New wheels and lowered Still need a rear camber kit before my tires die,:shock:
let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I like how the lighting really shows the contrast between the plastic and metal. Rolling on some rubber bands huh? I hope your streets are friendly... looks good.

Some more rubber might help fill up the gap between tires and fender like NV_05_AWD said, I think the lower series tire makes the wheels look small in the wheel well. And you probably don't want to lower the car anymore. just my opinion though...

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dig it man, the stance is super nice. Although I do think some larger tires would help fill the gap better.

·
Registered
478 Posts
diggin the tinted headlights. did you use spray??

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
I like the wheels....what's the wheel & tire sizes.....need some specs! :D

If you have 20's looks like you did go small on the tires....a 40 series tire's what you want to keep it close to stock size.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have to agree with some others...I think the tires are way to low of a profile. But as somebody else said, if you like it, that's all that should really matter. I think it could look really good with a larger tire profile :cool:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I don't like it, It too black looking (and Gray panels)for me, and the tires look tiny, you should raise it up and put bigger tires on it, maybe a roofbasket and a big push bar on the front, change your side markers to Orange....And paint it SOP :lol: It is a Box, and boxes don't look good with tiny wheels....Go into the Kitchen and Look at your Refrigarator, it doesn't look good with those small wheels under it...My toaster doesn't have any wheels, but if it did, it would still have something bigger then those..:lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the tires on it are a 35 and am going up to a 40 series, the tires are what were on the wheels when they cam off my truck. Im looking at painting the panels black and the tails.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't like it, It too black looking (and Gray panels)for me, and the tires look tiny, you should raise it up and put bigger tires on it, maybe a roofbasket and a big push bar on the front, change your side markers to Orange....And paint it SOP :lol: It is a Box, and boxes don't look good with tiny wheels....Go into the Kitchen and Look at your Refrigarator, it doesn't look good with those small wheels under it...My toaster doesn't have any wheels, but if it did, it would still have something bigger then those..:lol:
LOL....How big is big I have 20" on it yes the tires are small but that will change after payday, I had 22" on it in chrome but had rubbing in the front.:p

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
With 20's you need at 40 series tire and no wider than 245. A 235/40/20 would be real good to keep the rubbing down to a minimum. 22's you need a 30 series tire with the same width's.

The biggest issue with rubbing is your offset. Too low or too high an offset can cause issues.....so can too wide a rim. Do you know the offset on these wheels or your 22's? Stock offset is 45mm so anywhere between 38mm-52mm you should be ok, as long as your rim isn't over 8.5 wide....9 or 10 in width and you'll have some rubbing issues when lowering.

I have 22's on my E and no rubbing issues to date with the coilovers all the way down. Although I have the rear fenders cut. Only issue I have sometimes is if I try to turn too sharp like doing a U turn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts