Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've seen that stuff in auto parts stores but never used it, I like aerospace 303(it kicks a$$):grin:

·
Registered
60 Posts
The absolute best product for the black plastic parts is Forever Black. You can Google it to find out where to make the purchase. Restores the black plastic to a better than new condition and it is a dye not a dressing so it lasts forever.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I used that stuff on My Nissan pickup trucks bumpers, that were rusted, just before I traded it in for a new 1994 Isuzu Trooper. It looked good. It was too smooth to hide the rust. So I sprayed the bumpers with Wrinkle finish black paint first. Then applied the plastic coating over that! It looked better than when it came from the factory! I have no clue how well it held up though.

Dom

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have used forever black or back to black whatever it's called, it workes good. I havent used it on my E but have yoused it on my Mustang..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dom.five, Remind me to never buy a car from you! Geesh, Used car dealers use dumdum to stick on broken trim strips and such. Your talent is wasted unless you own a car lot!

HalfaHum

·
Registered
60 Posts
Back To Black is a dressing and does not work anywhere near as well as Forever Black which is a permanent dye.

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Back To Black is a dressing and does not work anywhere near as well as Forever Black which is a permanent dye.
I'm not sure what you're using it for. The product you're looking at seems to be a "coating", something like a spray on liner. The other products mentioned will make the plastic black, but offer no scratch protection.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You both need to take in to account what year you have. the 03-04's have a lighter gray and will turn out alot different.

I'm not sure what you're using it for. The product you're looking at seems to be a "coating", something like a spray on liner. The other products mentioned will make the plastic black, but offer no scratch protection.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The product I am using is a black dye and is permanent. It will turn gray plastic black. I am using it on the black plastic rocker panels.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What's it for...?

Alinghi12... (hey buddy!!!)

What are you planning on using the stuff for...? Hey, heard the America's Cup is being shown at the SF Yacht club TODAY...! Road trip...? LOL!!!

Fill us in and keep us updated my good man...

LBD

·
Banned
51 Posts
On my E, I've started using Poorboy's World Trim Restorer.

I treated the vehicle sometime in either late November or early December (2009) and to this day the plastic trim looks like it just came off the assembly line.

I purchased it from www.autogeek.net. I think I got lucky and got it while it was on BOGO (Buy One Get One) for like $17.00 for 16oz. A little bit of this product goes A LONG WAY.

Link to product: http://www.autogeek.net/pbtr16.html

In the past I've tried Mother's Back 2 Black & Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer and was not really impressed with either product.

Also check out autogeek's forum, like this site, I've learned a lot of information about car detailing. I always thought a little Dawn, some water, maybe some wax every once in awhile and you were done.....boy was I wrong.

Mark

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
On my E, I've started using Poorboy's World Trim Restorer.

I treated the vehicle sometime in either late November or early December (2009) and to this day the plastic trim looks like it just came off the assembly line.
I've tried Poorboy's World Trim Restorer on my E' a while back and it looked great,but it didn't seem to last that long for me.:? I've tried pretty much all of the main stream and boutique products on my E's plastic cladding and in doing so,my personal favorite is Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus.
http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html
^^Maybe pricey to some,but it's really great stuff.8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts