Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer to test drive an Element before I can decide to get it or an XB. Wife test drive the car first and I stayed with my two kids. When she came back, you can't picture the smile. After I test drive the E, wife liked it. But the SC got a DVD installed and they added a $3,000 on top of the MSRP. The dealer and I couldn't agree to the price so I asked to find me another SC with the same color (pearl blue). Turns out there are only 7 pearl blue color in the Northern California. Long story short,we bought the E and my kids loved the DVD and my was also HAPPY coz this toaster is much much much better than the XB. BTW thanks to Obama for the CARS rebate!!! :D I've installed an LED bulbs and wheel locks for my rims (just in case someone steal my rims). Future upgrade: HID Kits, Yakima control towers (got a set of Yakima rack from my other SUV), and a car alarm. Thanks to this forum coz it really help me decide on how I should upgrade this E.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Welcome and thanks for posting the pictures! I have seen one like this in person and it does look great! Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Welcome! Great color, hope you enjoy your E as much as I enjoy my E.:D Drew:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks ya'll...I only enjoy it on the weekends. :) wife Loved it everyday. :)

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Went to the dealer to test drive an Element before I can decide to get it or an XB. Wife test drive the car first and I stayed with my two kids. When she came back, you can't picture the smile. After I test drive the E, wife liked it. But the SC got a DVD installed and they added a $3,000 on top of the MSRP. The dealer and I couldn't agree to the price so I asked to find me another SC with the same color (pearl blue). Turns out there are only 7 pearl blue color in the Northern California. Long story short,we bought the E and my kids loved the DVD and my was also HAPPY coz this toaster is much much much better than the XB. BTW thanks to Obama for the CARS rebate!!! :D I've installed an LED bulbs and wheel locks for my rims (just in case someone steal my rims). Future upgrade: HID Kits, Yakima control towers (got a set of Yakima rack from my other SUV), and a car alarm. Thanks to this forum coz it really help me decide on how I should upgrade this E.
That is one bad looking E!! Welcome to the EOC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome,

That is a nice color, it was actually my first choice but could not find one with the NAV. Have you been able to calculate the milage yet. I am not sure if the mileage will get better after the break in period.

Thanks,
RubenG

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys...I haven't seen any SC that has the same color as mine around my area.

RubenG now that you mentioned the milage I'm pretty shock that I'm only getting between 19-20 mpg street and 20-21 highway. Why is that? to much weight? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's a beautiful color to have for the SC. I get about 22 mpg combination of city and highway driving. I do feel the mileage does get better with more miles, anyone else? I have about 4,700 mi on my SC so far.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks john0719..I'm also hoping to get atleast 22-24 mpg down the line. I'm planning to drive this baby to LA for a weekend and hopefully it will provide a better gas mileage. Will post my result at other thread.

·
Registered
317 Posts
thanks john0719..I'm also hoping to get atleast 22-24 mpg down the line. I'm planning to drive this baby to LA for a weekend and hopefully it will provide a better gas mileage. Will post my result at other thread.
Use the cruise control and keep it under 70! Love the color!

Brian

·
Registered
71 Posts
2009 sc

Nice Blue. Thanks for posting the pix. My 2003 is Eternal Blue Pearl...also a beautiful blue. Welcome to the club. Is the one horn enough for you? :)

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Thanks guys...I haven't seen any SC that has the same color as mine around my area.

RubenG now that you mentioned the milage I'm pretty shock that I'm only getting between 19-20 mpg street and 20-21 highway. Why is that? to much weight? thanks in advance.
Congrats on your purchase!!!

Welcome to the forum from another Bay Area Blue SC!!

Not sure where you are at, but I am in the Fremont, Hayward area ALL
the time.

I hope to see you around!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts