Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the end of November you can get the Thule TK8 kit which will mount directly to your roof and provide a sturdy platform to mount their 430 foot. The new TK8 kit will have the matching plastic cover that you'll need to take off when you install roof accessories to the welded on nuts that Honda provides under those litte "door" on the roof trim.
Now your Thule rack will look factory and you can carry anything up there. Retail $37.

·
Registered
287 Posts
send a link bro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Thule site is www.thuleus.com but you won't find the new Element kit quite yet. I've used the TK 6 kit since March with great results but the new kit will include the plastic cover with a window already fitted in so you don't have a gap in the roof trim line and the "elements" of weather will be kept out.
As soon as they ship these new kits I'll post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I called Thule today & they apparently just started manufacturing the tracker kit which will cover the 'hole' around the Element roof mount points. They referred to it as the TK9 Tracker Kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered mine from rackwarehouse.com for $27 along with a set of 430 Tracker II towers for $72. I could have used my old 416 Tracker I towers but then I couldn't take them off easily and I don't know if the hole fairing would have fit. I'll report back when I get them.

Aloha,
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts