Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how long did it take to dip the wheels, did you do that before the new tires were mounted or after?
It took me about 3-4 hours start to finish. Did quite a bit of prep and then it was a total of about 10 coats. 3 "mist" coats followed by 6-7 "wet" coats. About 15-20 mins between. Did them after tire mount. Most people say that when you get new tires installed it will damage the finish with the clamping and everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look really good! Nice color too! Why not powder coat them though? Les Schwab does it for about $50 a wheel.
Honestly, i wasnt aware it was this cheap! I looked it up, and it doesn't look like they offer a brass color like this though. All in, the dip costed me $85, so it was low cost to see if I like the color. If i really decide to go for it, i can peel it off and take it to a powder coater or painter and have it done for real.

·
Registered
2004 Fiji LX Ecamper “Ellie,” 2008 Atomic EX “Otherment,” 2003 Eternal EX Chop Top “Chop_E”
406 Posts
Dip is a great way to “test drive” a color without investing too much into a color you’re not 100% sure about. PC is where it’s at for longevity once you know for certain what you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts