Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone.
2 nights ago I brought home 2004 AWD, manual Element Ex. I bought her form the original owner with 90k miles on her. With exception of the cracked driver seat she is pretty much perfect. The E came with OEM all weather mats, hitch, and roof rack which most likely I'll be selling to switch to Yakima.
Anyhow, this thread will also serve as my 'build thread' so I'll try to keep it updated whenever new parts/mods come along.
Looking forward to learning and gaining ideas from this forum.
Thank,
Mick

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks guys!
I'll keep it subtle, not planing on making it into something that it isn't. Looking to enjoy it's utility as much as possible.

Btw, I just got tires for the stockies, AVS bugdeflector, ordered aftermarket OE style fogs and found a new set of Sony speakers in the garage that I intended to use in one of my previous cars. Also, replaced the air filer and waiting for the cabin filters to come in.
Will try to take pictures as I go, but for now, here is a few of my oldies...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Congrats on your new 'E', looks like you have already got a good start on your mods.
Post some pictures as you go along !

·
Registered
847 Posts
^thank you

Update:

Had 4 tires Firestone Destination LE put on the stock 16s while I hunt for some lighter 17s.
I installed the the 2 Sony speakers in the front doors. With speaker harnesses it was a super easy install.
I replaced the cabin air filters. They were filthy!

Here some quick pics...

Here is a quick and easy air freshener solution I just did to my E...

I buy these little air freshers refills from Getsquash.com (squash scent = best ever)
Specifically these: http://squashair.com/index.php/air-fresheners/giga/air-spencer-giga-refill.html
They come in tube shape that is small enough to fit in-between the air cabin filter blades. I put one in each filter.

Put the filters back in and enjoy some wonderful smell of squash.
You can pretty much use any air fresher you want as long as it'll fit in nice and snug in the filters.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
New updates...

Few gas tanks in it looks like I'm averaging ~22 mpg, mixed driving. Fairly happy with that, was expecting worse.

Couple days back I finally installed the AVS bug-deflector on the hood. It was easy to put on and it looks pretty good.

Today, Sunday, I changed my diff and manual trans fluids. Went smooth and judging by the color of the fluids this service was over due.
When I had the rear jacked up I also changed the silver bumper trim for black.

If anyone is wondering I ordered it from Majestic Honda and it was for 06 EX-P trim.

:)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some new updates....

No pics for now but I've been pretty busy, installed the fallowing:
06 black grill
06 black front bumper insert
07 black housing headlight
Bi-xenon HIDs 4300k
OEM fog lights with Nokya 3000k JDM yellow bulbs
Home Depot black gutter mesh radiator protector
OEM mud flaps all around
2010 EX radio

Next I'm waiting for the wire reel for the steering wheel to come in as I'll be tackling the 'Pilot steering wheel with audio controls' mod.

Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Darnit, you're putting ideas into my head.

If you're interested, it's possible to order a leather shift knob from the last Honda Prelude--it will fit the E. They are available from handa accessories. I just replaced mine and also replaced the rubber accordion boot with a leather one from another seller.
Details and some pics in this thread: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42263&page=2

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Darnit, you're putting ideas into my head.

If you're interested, it's possible to order a leather shift knob from the last Honda Prelude--it will fit the E. They are available from handa accessories. I just replaced mine and also replaced the rubber accordion boot with a leather one from another seller.
Details and some pics in this thread: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42263&page=2
That actually looks really good! How much was the shift knob?

X welcome to da cult...cool lookin civic too...8)
Thanks, unfortunate the civic is getting sold :( I'll miss that 8,700 redline...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I've been thinking of getting the black '07 accent pieces and now I'm going to do it for sure after seeing yours. Looks great.

1 - 20 of 422 Posts