Honda Element Owners Club banner

401 - 420 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just read through this entire thread! Wow what a great car and great car owner! Gave me a lot of great ideas for things that have been bugging me about my 2008 Element. The seat covers look amazing, do they make them for the rear seats too? I've never seen seat covers look so factory. Also, I never knew Elements could have floor mats since the floor is basically a mat. Totally doing that.

I'm so glad to see people keeping this forum alive and taking care of their E's. I plan to do that with my wife's as well. I always tell her i'm going to keep that car forever and just keep replacing parts on it. Has to by my favorite car i've owned ever.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, Wet Okole seat covers are available for the rear as well. Although pricey, I recommend them. It's been years and they held up great.

I'm following your swap thread closely as my E is getting up in the age. A new powerplant would absolutely freshen things up. Good luck with your build and keep us posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Volt! So I was wondering if you had any issues with vibration on acceleration when you got your wheel/tire setup? I just recently gave in finally and got your same dimension setup with a 17x9 wheel and 235/60R17 tire. I’ve replaced both CV axles up front at the same time and have a pretty strong wobble/vibration on acceleration and it dumbs down when I get up to speed mostly. I’ve check motor mounts, my strut assy’s are barely half a year old, and nothing moves when I get down there and check. When I get back from Montana here Sunday, I’m gonna try a few more things like the U-joint but just feeling stumped. Same mileage as yours pretty much but ‘03 A/T 4wd. Love the thread as always! Thanks!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Hey Volt! So I was wondering if you had any issues with vibration on acceleration when you got your wheel/tire setup? I just recently gave in finally and got your same dimension setup with a 17x9 wheel and 235/60R17 tire. I’ve replaced both CV axles up front at the same time and have a pretty strong wobble/vibration on acceleration and it dumbs down when I get up to speed mostly. I’ve check motor mounts, my strut assy’s are barely half a year old, and nothing moves when I get down there and check. When I get back from Montana here Sunday, I’m gonna try a few more things like the U-joint but just feeling stumped. Same mileage as yours pretty much but ‘03 A/T 4wd. Love the thread as always! Thanks!
No issues here with vibration at all *knocks on wood*. In wife's CRV at about 150,000 miles she developed pronounced vibrations on acceleration. Long story short, it ended up being the transmission mount so double check there first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well... aftermarket axles are to blame for that horrid vibration. THANK JEEBUS not my new wheels and tires *phew* Replaced with OEM axles left and right and my car drives like its normal self! Just way better tho because dem fatties.

Next venture is ‘07 headlights and a fog light kit... did you use OEM for both of those? See a lot of 10 year warranty aftermarket headlights that look the exact same for way cheaper... so obviously there’s a catch >_>

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Good to hear you got it squared away. Post some pics, I want to see your setup!

Yeah, right now headlights and fogs are OEM. I have a set of aftermarket headlights which will go in whenever I get around to doing the projector retrofit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As clean as they come. Finally detailed...

Nice... I’m just not a fan of dark wheels on at color vehicle. It reminds me of the late 90s and early 2000s when the black wheel/polished lip crazy was going on and it made the wheels look smaller than they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice... I’m just not a fan of dark wheels on at color vehicle. It reminds me of the late 90s and early 2000s when the black wheel/polished lip crazy was going on and it made the wheels look smaller than they are

After LED fogs and my Morimoto projector retrofit

A better shot with the shaved Element badge. I’m going to put the OEM wing on it soon now that I found one once it’s painted.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I think you got your money's worth out of the battery... :-D

Thanks for documenting for so many years...
It's cool to see the transitions (in vehicle and life).

I find myself strangely transfixed on anything that compresses or expands time...
(time lapse photography, ultra high speed camera making slow mo video, etc.)
This thread has that same quality... taking over a decade of history and compressing it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yesterday, Sunday I replaced the knock sensor (from underneath) and installed new front pads and rotors. 166,761 miles.
Hoping the check engine light will go away after a few drives.
That's awesome, Volt! I had to replace my Knock Sensor around 150k and did the starter at the same time. Starter was a bit overdue. I hope I never have to replace another starter in that car again. Took me and my buddy 4-5 hours about 8 months ago.

I'll be replacing my gauge cluster here in a few days with a new OEM one. I've had the "Green key immobilizer, smack the dash, crank but no start, gauges not working randomly" issue for about 2 years now. Replaced starter, alternator, battery, ignition switch, fuel relay fuses, etc. to no avail. It's been driving me insane. The cluster is basically the last thing I can try, and since it's running me a hefty $397, it's the final straw for me on this car. Since smacking the dash is getting progressively less-effective, I can't take the chance of being stranded on a long trip. Makes me sad because it's mechanically sound and is in fantastic shape at 159k and 16 years old... Electrical issues drive me up the wall! :twisted:

·
Registered
106 Posts
the green key means that the immobilizer that is built into the ignition switch is not reading the key properly try switching keys as far as the car not turning over this green light has nothing to do with it but if the car is turning over and not starting it means that the immob. is not reading the key again try switching keys if this doesnt work then the key or keys have to be reprogramed at a honda dealer if you have to do this make sure you take all of the keys to that car

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
the green key means that the immobilizer that is built into the ignition switch is not reading the key properly try switching keys as far as the car not turning over this green light has nothing to do with it but if the car is turning over and not starting it means that the immob. is not reading the key again try switching keys if this doesnt work then the key or keys have to be reprogramed at a honda dealer if you have to do this make sure you take all of the keys to that car
The green key icon issue on 03s is relatively know problem and he's on the right track looking to fix/replace the cluster.

That's awesome, Volt! I had to replace my Knock Sensor around 150k and did the starter at the same time. Starter was a bit overdue. I hope I never have to replace another starter in that car again. Took me and my buddy 4-5 hours about 8 months ago.

I'll be replacing my gauge cluster here in a few days with a new OEM one. I've had the "Green key immobilizer, smack the dash, crank but no start, gauges not working randomly" issue for about 2 years now. Replaced starter, alternator, battery, ignition switch, fuel relay fuses, etc. to no avail. It's been driving me insane. The cluster is basically the last thing I can try, and since it's running me a hefty $397, it's the final straw for me on this car. Since smacking the dash is getting progressively less-effective, I can't take the chance of being stranded on a long trip. Makes me sad because it's mechanically sound and is in fantastic shape at 159k and 16 years old... Electrical issues drive me up the wall! :twisted:
Have you pulled the cluster before? Try messing around with the plugs/tabs in the back of it... $400 is a lot of money.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
I think you got your money's worth out of the battery... :-D

Thanks for documenting for so many years...
It's cool to see the transitions (in vehicle and life).

I find myself strangely transfixed on anything that compresses or expands time...
(time lapse photography, ultra high speed camera making slow mo video, etc.)
This thread has that same quality... taking over a decade of history and compressing it.

Cheers!
Yeah, it's cool looking back through the years. Never really thought about what this thread will turn into, but 40+ pages later here we are :grin:

401 - 420 of 423 Posts