Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just bought some new speakers today. They are Kicker DS600. I am really looking forward to putting these bad boys in. I also get a Dual 600 watt amp. Its not that great of an amp but it will get the job done I think. The thing is I want to put my Kickers in the doors and attach them to my amp. I am frankly a little scared to mess aroung with the interior panels on my E because I feel like I am going to break them or something. The Kickers require traditional speaker wire and I am unsure of where to start when it comes to wiring. Any help would be appreciated because I would like to do this myself however if you feel it is too complicated just tell me to take it in.

Heres what I have to work with:

2 Kicker DS600 speakers
Dual XPA4100 600 watt amp
Lightning Audio Amplifier Installation Kit

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
pull up the passenger side sill plate, all just panel pops, no screws, then take out the kickpanel by pulling it towards the center of the truck, again, just panel pops, and there is your factory amp. unplug both plugs from the bottom of it and plug in a 70-1726 Metra harness to it. that will give you wires to hook to your amp output that will in turn go directlry to your speakers. you will also need a aoem-hon20 (PAC) to get the signal from your radio into your new amp. both of these parts can be found on ebay for decent prices.

·
Registered
557 Posts
IF it's this 600w dual, then it works great for the regular speakers.

But if it's the red one, that one not so good, it has a really high noise output for some reason.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was the red one :-(. I decided against installing the amp and returned it to Pep Boys. I am going to buy a better quality and higher output one when the day comes that I give into my teenage instinct and purchase subs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts