Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into replacing the stock speakers in my Ele and I was curious what I should use? Should I get coaxials all around or do compliment for the front and coaxial for the back two. Also what is a good brand to use? And what type and size? Would it be best to have it professionally installed by something like bestbuy?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
same questions as always, whats the head unit factory or aftermarket? If your sticking with the factory head unit aftermarket speakers will only go so far and possibly even offer LESS sound that factory due to impropper power/signal. Dont forget the factory unit is massively under powered where even a lower end name brand head unit will be anywhere from approx 12 watts RMS up to 25 watts RMS.
The head unit is the heart and brains of the operation. The speakers are only as good as the signal they are fed. Consider all options before spending a single dollar.

All four door speakers are 6.5" same as the factory sub being 6.5"
The fronts are faux components.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes I am pretty handy

I have an alpine head unit that is 4x50
I say just do it yourself. In my experience, the Element is the easiest speaker installation I did. Use this as your guide:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementspeak.pdf

For a list of compatible speakers, I read this thread:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2516

In the end, I pulled the trigger on these:
Front - Polk Audio DB651s slim-mount 6.5" coaxial (highly recommended by EOC members, easy installation, no drilling required)
Back - Polk Audio DXi650 6.5" coaxial (deeper bass than dB651s, you need very slight modification on the included adapter rings, no drilling required)

I also bought the Metra 72-7800 adapter for the speakers, thus making the installation painless.

If you're on a budget, check Pioneer TS-61644R 6.5" speakers. I helped a friend install them and the clarity (high to mid) is superb, albeit the bass is so-so.

The Polk speakers ranges from $59-$69 a pair, available thru Amazon, Crutchfield, or BestBuy. I think the Pioneers are between $29-$49 a pair. I bought my speakers on Cyber Monday, so I saved about 15-20%.

The bottomline: aftermarket speakers will perform better than the stock ones. BTW, my headunit is also aftermarket and installed last year.

Have fun!

·
Registered
254 Posts
JL rocks

if you can handle it, i would definately recommend JL because it is amazingly clear sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts