Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just saw the tent accessory in a catalog at dealer. I have a 2005 EX, just bought out the lease as a matter of fact. wondering if the tent fits all models and all model years? has anyone used the tent yet?
thanks
JI

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes it fits all models and years. Do a search (element tent). Plenty of info on the tent.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's the point?

My wife and I are avid outdoors people and really love the Element, but wonder what the point to a tent attachment is?

I can understand if there's limited space available, but if it's you and the great outdoors... enlighten us please.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Bigfoot64.

Not sure whether you're asking why someone would want a tent at all, or one that attaches to the car. Many owners like their SUV tent, whether Sportz- or Honda-branded. It allows full access to the car's contents without having to step out into, for example, the rain. And of course you can use it as a stand-alone tent as well. What else is necessary?

For more owner experiences, read the several threads on the topic. "Sportz" is a good search keyword for starters.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I can see both sides of Bigfoots question, but truly though the tent attachment is convienent, it sort of limits the usage of your E by having to disconnect and reconnect everytime you want to drive while camping.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
We really wanted to get one of these but couldn't find a tent size large enough to suit our needs.
The tent attachment access to the rear hatch and interior of the vehicle is what we were after.
Using the Element's tailgate as a table or dressing area, the great sounds from the CD/XM Radio, DVD, the skylight and additional lighting would of been wonderful for use inside a tent.
We would easily of opted for one if they were larger.

Having to undo and reconnect the tent attachment to the vehicle wasn't an issue for us as we felt the benefits and perks of having on the spot access to the vehicle interior out weighed it.
We'de only of hooked it up at night anyway as during the day we're out and about in the Element.

We currently have a 19x14' Columbia tent - big enough inside for half court basketball, gymnastics and ping pong.
And it has a waterproof skylight on the rain fly so we do get to see the stars at night.
If it could attach to our Element... that would of been perfect!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
We currently have a 19x14' Columbia tent - big enough inside for half court basketball, gymnastics and ping pong.
And it has a waterproof skylight on the rain fly so we do get to see the stars at night.
If it could attach to our Element... that would of been perfect!
Holy COW! That's big enough that you could park the Element inside!

:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback on the tent accessory for the Element. My wife and I appreciate it and are reconsidering it.

Great site. A lot of great stuff to learn and share. Keep it coming.

Foot

·
Registered
139 Posts
The main problem with a SUV tent is finding a campsite that will accomodate the tent space being attached to the parking space. Most places I've camped at either have stumps or boulders delineating the parking from the tenting space, or the parking is on a slant, or nowhere near the actual campsite. I also dont want my tent sitting on asphalt, because then I'd be sleeping on asphalt.

The idea of a tent attaching to the element is good, but I just dont see campsites that would make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow time to upgrade. anybody wana buy the cabana comes w/ the poles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts