Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through the posts regarding new tires. Many of them deal with snow and mountain driving. I live in NJ and drive mostly on flat, sometimes wet roads. I have the Wrangler HP and am looking for a quieter, better handling tire. Any suggestions for my situation.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,699 Posts
I'm more than happy with the michelin latitude's 225 70 16. Excellent in the rain and way less road noise. The steering seems to have more feed back. Kinda pricey but worth every penny. If your close to central NJ your more than welcome to road test mine.

·
Registered
816 Posts
welcome karlcal..iam also in the same boat as you,,my 04 needs tires very soon and ive been reading and searching new tires,,someone i work with also has an element and just put on michelin xclt4 215 70 16,,and she loves them,,however they where $625 at sears in staten island,,

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have the Firestone Destination LE tires on my E. I have put over 50k miles on them and they are descent. Better than the OEM stuff but not super quiet either. They have a little bite on the "Off Road" grassy surfaces. Now that they are wearing down they a bit slippery in the rain.

I am looking for new tires myself and after doing a lot of research the Nokian WRG2 SUV tires seem to be calling my name. I don't see much snow at all in my area but these will give better winter wet weather traction than others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts