Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

I finally get to get new tires for my 08 SC. I searched the forum and the only tire recommended for the SC seems to be the Kumho.

I'm in LA so, snow and rain is not much an issue. Just looking for something that will improve the ride.

Thanks,

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am on 235 55 18 general exclaim uhp on the stock rims. clocked about 25000 miles on them since I put them on a year ago, really like them. I liked them enough that they are on my wife's matrix as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'll be in the market for tires soon too. Does anyone know if 245/55/18 will work without scrubbing or is 235 better to go with. I really like the "fat" look of a tire. It sets off the image of any vehicle. I have a 07' SC.

·
Registered
562 Posts
235 will rub when completely loaded down or lowered. I had to roll my fenders 1/4" to keep this from happening when I was running the eibach springs.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I like the 235 55 18 general exclaim uhp also. great summer tire. not good in the snow. I went to tirerack.com
to do the research and discount tire matched the price.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looking for 225/55/18 you know, stock.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The 235 is only 10mm wider and you can get a better tire. That's why I went with General Exclaim UHP. Look at tirerack.com and do some research. That's what I did. It's very quite tire and very sticky in the rain.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I looking for 225/55/18 you know, stock.
Why? Much more tire availability and better choices in the 235/55R18s. ! On my '06 is actually corrected the speedo.

I have the General UHPs like Rick, and as he said the ride is way better, dry/wet traction huge improvement, and road noise was greatly reduced. He didn't mention this part either, but they're fairly inexpensive for the performance.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You ask for our option on what are the best tires and we told you. Now we have the same truck you do and we found great tires at a fair price. Go to Discount tire and have them order you a set. It will take a few days to get them and you won't be sorry. I live in San Diego. If you don't like them I will buy them from you. You will only be out the mounting cost. Rick

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to discount tires yesterday and got the 225/55/18 Kumho HL21's for $133 each. So far so good, the SC feels completely different. My fillings no longer feels like they are going to pop out whenever I hit a bump.

TC

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had General Exclaim UHP on my 07 Civic SI. If i ever get a set of SC rims for my Element I will definitely get them again in whatever size will fit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just put some Hankook Optimo H727 on stock size from discount tire,out the door I paid less than $600,pepboys had a lower price so they beat their price,at first they qouted me $760, consumer reports rated these as really good all season tire, for the price I thought I would give them a try,only have put a few hundred miles them but they are so much better than the stock tires,better ride and a lot quieter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts