Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... Came here looking for some help. I am in need of new tires. The OEM ones are crap- I see everyone here can agree with that. I'm looking for the standard size tire using the standard size rim. Does anyone have any favorites? Thanks!

MDBuckeye

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Tanya, 1st let me say Brutus is a cutie...............

2nd, the tires, what a can of worms this could open up

original tire size is 215-70-16
you can go up to 225-70-16 with no rubbing issues on the stock rims

I like a more aggressive tire so I am partial to BFG A/T's - a lot of members here seem to like Kumhos and Sumitomos and others the Yokohamas
what ever you do (and I think you've already figure it out) don't go back to the OEM's

·
Registered
Honda Element 2007 EX MT
327 Posts
If your looking for an all-season I'd recommend the Kuhmo Solus kr21. They got decent reviews on Consumer Reports and there is a lot of info at Tire Rack, most of it positive. You can get two sets for the price of the OEM's. Keep in mind; it is a passenger tire and not a light truck tire. My main concern was price and treadlife. The E is so good in the white stuff that I don't feel that I need more of an aggressive tread for snow. Guess it really comes down to drivestyle and lifestyle with regard to tread design. Are you skiing every weekend? Do you live in the mountains? We've already had some decent snowstorms here and the snow traction; while not great, is adequate. I've got about 1000 miles on mine and have no complaints. After going through the OEM's @ 30,000 I wanted something that's going to last a little longer and give me that great gas mileage that I've grown accustomed to. Hope this helps.:grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts