Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first E today, '06 EX Rallye Red, and absolutely LOVE it. I have always been a big fan of them, but finally the day has come I can finally get one!! I haven't quite decided what to do first, I'm fooling around with the idea of installing the fog lights, any opinions on a good first project?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
First off... Welcome to the EOC...!

As far as projects, search out the forum for what you want to accomplish... Interior, exterior, engine, etc... This place is chock full of them... Just remember to take photos so that we can see too...!

As always, may she give you many years of service and enjoyment...!

LBD

·
Registered
873 Posts
have a great time on line.learn what you want,spill yur guts, rant till you go nuts. oops welcome to the best site around.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
I just bought my first E today, '06 EX Rallye Red, ......I'm fooling around with the idea of installing the fog lights, any opinions on a good first project?
UH, hello!! IMHO should be the FIRST mod (well, was MY first one, anyway). I have NOT turned OFF my fogs since I installed them almost two years ago. Because I run them, I RARELY use my hi beams.

It took me about two hours (taking my time and installing the engine block heater at the same time), and have not regretted the time spent.

Oh, BTW, WELCOME to the madness!! Glad to have you along for the ride.

and, second BTW, post pix of your new bEauty before Jojo sees this (nervous look over shoulder (she has ZOMBIES!!))

·
Registered
33 Posts
Definately make the Home Depot grille guard one of your first mods if the prior owner didn't already do this. Just run a search for 'Home Depot grill guard' and you'll find lots of ways to do this, but basically it's a really cheap insurance policy against rocks banging a hole in your a/c radiator.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
The HD grill mod 1st and foremost....................

Fog Lights are a good mod and can be done by you (no ned to put dollars in your dealers pocket)

Welcome to the Group - post pictures sooner rather than later

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the advice, I will get the pictures up ASAP. I love the madness already, I can't get enough of this madness, def the place for me and my E!! I promise, photos soon! I think I will be doing the HD grille guard first, I've already done two 3-hour trips with it (since I got it Wednesday) and I'm already freaking out about a ding I found from a rock falling off a truck. I was upset to say the least.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well, if a ding freaks you out... You should see what happened on MY 3rd day of ownership... You swung buy and saw how I became a "Twirate" right...?

I feel your pain buddy... Don't tell Eclectic707, he lost his windshield...! But life goes on and E-living is what its all about... I guess you can call it the Cali-lifestyle flowing through the old blood cells...

As long as you take care of her, she'll take care of you...

Congrats again and remember, the inmates can be held "at bay" for so long so get them pics out...! Have a great weekend...!

LBD

PS: Thanks #101...!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I finally had a moment to snap a quick pic of my E, LBD, I will get a few more up when I have some more free time...

It's dumb I'm freaking out over a small ding, but I don't want anything happening to her, I plan on keeping her for a very very long time and want her to stay in the best condition...

LBD how did you loose your back window???!!! I would have lost it, especially if I was only on day three...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
no my friend it was offered in 06
I loved the RR
but I love mine too cause why it is mine LOL:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rallye Red was offered in 2006, however, I looked at my paper work and it is actually Tango Red Pearl, my mistake.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome to the club! Another quick mod that you can do is add the EOC sticker. Adds HP and increases gas milage! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
no that is Rally Red

1 - 16 of 16 Posts