Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm brand new to the forum and am about ready to pull the trigger on purchasing an Element. I'm trying to decide between the following:

1) Used 2007 SC, 32k miles, $16900.
2) Brand new base 2010 LX for $19750 or less.

I don't know much about Elements so this is new territory for me. Just curious which of those two choices you guys/gals would go for? I did a little research on the SC and it looks like it's mainly cosmetics and a better stereo system - or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
816 Posts
ctech,,welcome to the eoc..it all depends on what your using it for,,style then get an sc..if your an outdoors person you might want a base,ex, since they have rubber floors which is easy to clean..the s.c has carpet floors..if your not sure,,i would spend a few days doing some research on the two diffrent models...but which ever you pick,,just remember there both great cars..there are many pictures on this forum of sc and non sc..good luck and keep us posted,,,btw WE LOVE PICTURES

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bigsmokes - thank you. I did a little more research and the EX or LX is for us. This will purely a utility vehicle for our bikes, transporting our 2 labs and transporting foster dogs to adoption events. If I buy I will most definitely post pics! :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I got the EX for the 4WD and the stereo. If you have the cash get the EX I see your in TX! I can say that in the rain the 4WD works great when the oil on the road slicks up. I love the snow here in Chicago! The only issue I have is the other cars that don't have 4WD! Good Luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Bigsmokes - thank you. I did a little more research and the EX or LX is for us. This will purely a utility vehicle for our bikes, transporting our 2 labs and transporting foster dogs to adoption events. If I buy I will most definitely post pics! :)

no problem,,,good luck..and yes we love pictures..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went down to the dealership and checked one inside and out. I only took it for a test drive around the dealership just to see it's turning radius. Wow, that turns on a dime! That vehicle is so big inside but yet it doesn't feel that big when you drive it. Only reason I didn't take it on a long test drive is it was closing time and I already knew I wasn't going to buy from them. They had like $3k worth of crap tacked on (paint and fabric protector, stripes, tint and some other useless crap just to make an extra profit). The salesman was a really nice, humble, no pressure person that I felt bad keeping him there past quitting time when I already know I won't be buying from them. So I'm going to go down to a dealership about 50 miles from us tomorrow night or Sat to do a long test drive on the highway.

Motochef- I can't decide whether I want AWD or not. My other car is a 2003 Subaru WRX and I do love the AWD in the rain and the few days of snow we get here. But not sure if I need two AWD vehicles.

From what I've seen so far I am really impressed with this car. The interior quality makes my WRX interior look like a POS! LOL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get a 4WD and get a manual!
wbajker911 - It's gotta be an auto so my wife can drive it. :( And I have tried teaching her plenty of times. She can get it but has NO desire to drive a manual.

Bigsmokes - Auto AWD - aahh I see. Thanks. So the power only goes to all 4 wheels if slippage is detected at the front. So you get the advantage of the gas mileage and less power loss that you get with FWD (vs. AWD) but then you have AWD only when you need it. That it nice.

·
Registered
816 Posts
wbajker911 - It's gotta be an auto so my wife can drive it. :( And I have tried teaching her plenty of times. She can get it but has NO desire to drive a manual.

Bigsmokes - Auto AWD - aahh I see. Thanks. So the power only goes to all 4 wheels if slippage is detected at the front. So you get the advantage of the gas mileage and less power loss that you get with FWD (vs. AWD) but then you have AWD only when you need it. That it nice.

yup...your learning fast...theres plenty of awsome info on this site..just keep reading and searching....good luck with your decision

1 - 10 of 10 Posts