Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just bought a 06 Element 5 speed 4wd, and i love it, but it didnt come with the keyless entry unit, can i just buy one from ebay and program it to work or what do i need to do? it had it originally, but previous owner lost it i think

oh, and its an EX-P if that matters

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply's guys, its an EX-P, and i found some on ebay for cheaper that say they give the instructions for hoe to program it, has anyone on here tried this? or know if it works? its less than $20 shipped for a honda one and i would like to go this route...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also how can i tell if i have the ALPS or the OMRON remote? because on the sites i am looking at buying from, it says their are 2 different ones?

·
Registered
836 Posts
i bought an 04 used E and the remote was missing. When i would lock my doors from the inside and shut the drivers door it would unlock on its own, led me to look under the steering wheel, after removing the plastic panel with the twist knobs i spotted the keyless entry box and pulled the numbers off of it. Went to ebay and found a remote with matching numbers and bought it for 19 bucks with shipping. Works perfect and i love my keyless entry, one more perk to a great car :) I went to HandAaccessories.com and found the install instructions, it shows the keyless box location and how to access it through the dash, also tells how to program the remote i think :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts