Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been wanting another element ever since she sold her last one when we moved years ago. Well we had a customer come into the shop with a no start concern and he mentioned he needed it running so he could sell it. Well I checked it out, found a locked up alternator preventing the engine from turning over. I cut off the belt and it ran great. Gave him his estimate and offered to buy it as is. Well after some back and forth I was able to snag it for $7500. 2010 EX with navigation/backup camera, 4wd and just under 72000 miles on the clock. I have since replaced the alternator with a Denso unit, new belt, had a full paint correction done, 4 new tires, rear pads, rear calipers and rotors, changed all the fluids and filters. The wife is extremely excited and I'm pretty happy with it too. In total we are just shy of 10k dollars into it including tax. Hopefully we will recoup that cost after selling the soul. Anyway here are some photos of the exterior and a little before and after with the paint correction. Interior looks just as good! I'll take some photos if anyone is interested. So thanks for letting me join the forum, we are both excited to meet fellow element owners.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car
Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda Element 2007 EX MT
452 Posts
My wife has been wanting another element ever since she sold her last one when we moved years ago. Well we had a customer come into the shop with a no start concern and he mentioned he needed it running so he could sell it. Well I checked it out, found a locked up alternator preventing the engine from turning over. I cut off the belt and it ran great. Gave him his estimate and offered to buy it as is. Well after some back and forth I was able to snag it for $7500. 2010 EX with navigation/backup camera, 4wd and just under 72000 miles on the clock. I have since replaced the alternator with a Denso unit, new belt, had a full paint correction done, 4 new tires, rear pads, rear calipers and rotors, changed all the fluids and filters. The wife is extremely excited and I'm pretty happy with it too. In total we are just shy of 10k dollars into it including tax. Hopefully we will recoup that cost after selling the soul. Anyway here are some photos of the exterior and a little before and after with the paint correction. Interior looks just as good! I'll take some photos if anyone is interested. So thanks for letting me join the forum, we are both excited to meet fellow element owners. View attachment 215586 View attachment 215587 View attachment 215589
Congratulations! That's a very good deal. By the way, what is a paint correction and how much did it cost?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paint correction is basically when they use a rubbing compound to take off a small layer of the clear coat. This removes scratches and swirls. Requires a full detail to remove all the contamination from the paint before removing any clear though. I had a ceramic coating applied afterward. I have a buddy who does it for a living so I got a good deal. In total I paid $600 and it took him 2 days and then it had to be garaged for 24hrs. This one was pretty bad though and would probably cost $1000+ normally. I think cost depends highly on the current condition of the paint.

·
Registered
200K Mile Club, 2006 LX AWD
59 Posts
My wife has been wanting another element ever since she sold her last one when we moved years ago. Well we had a customer come into the shop with a no start concern and he mentioned he needed it running so he could sell it. Well I checked it out, found a locked up alternator preventing the engine from turning over. I cut off the belt and it ran great. Gave him his estimate and offered to buy it as is. Well after some back and forth I was able to snag it for $7500. 2010 EX with navigation/backup camera, 4wd and just under 72000 miles on the clock. I have since replaced the alternator with a Denso unit, new belt, had a full paint correction done, 4 new tires, rear pads, rear calipers and rotors, changed all the fluids and filters. The wife is extremely excited and I'm pretty happy with it too. In total we are just shy of 10k dollars into it including tax. Hopefully we will recoup that cost after selling the soul. Anyway here are some photos of the exterior and a little before and after with the paint correction. Interior looks just as good! I'll take some photos if anyone is interested. So thanks for letting me join the forum, we are both excited to meet fellow element owners. View attachment 215586 View attachment 215587 View attachment 215589
shes a beauty, what a steal also!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a great deal especially with the market the way it is. I have same color. I wish I would have tried to find a AWD when I bought mine back in 2010. But I am second owner and I only have around 95 thousand on mine.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Amazing deal. Another forum member just sold a similar car on Bring a Trailer for $32k.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts