Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was the right area to post this but heard about it today on Marketplace on NPR, yeah I'm that guy.

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/marketplace/business-news-briefs/2011/03/volkswagen_releases_its_new_va.html

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/volkswagen-bulli-front

First comment on Marketplace was: "I am SO disappointed! It looks like a remake of the Honda Element. It looks like a mini-van versus the old VW Van. "

Ha...to bad Honda isn't doing something to revive the Element, which is really to me an AWD, super reliable version of what a VW bus wishes it could be. :-(

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Yeah, I'm that guy too. heard that this morning, and my ears perked up because.............................yes, i have a VW Camper!! So, I'm "that guy" in two ways, first off, listening to NPR, and secondly, driving a VW Westfalia!:grin:

Anyway, kinda disappointed after clicking on the link to see it's the same concept vehicle VW has trotted out every so often for the last few years. I'm seriously skeptical we will ever see this thing i the flesh in a dealer showroom.

I think the only thing really "new" about this latest PR move is talking about it as an electric.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think I'd like it better if it had round headlights.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm that guy too. heard that this morning, and my ears perked up because.............................yes, i have a VW Camper!! So, I'm "that guy" in two ways, first off, listening to NPR, and secondly, driving a VW Westfalia!:grin:

Anyway, kinda disappointed after clicking on the link to see it's the same concept vehicle VW has trotted out every so often for the last few years. I'm seriously skeptical we will ever see this thing i the flesh in a dealer showroom.

I think the only thing really "new" about this latest PR move is talking about it as an electric.
Yeah I don't know about the whole all electric thing (I want something to road trip in) but the interior and seat configuration would be cool for some sort of Element replacement, being a V-dub though you know it wouldn't be near as reliable. I always wished the Element seated 5 or did two rows of seats, think of the more bed like setup when folded down.

Again, too bad Honda is putting this out to the pasture.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
They should have produced their previous concept Microbus replacement. This one seemed a little more true to the original.

This concept was teased to be a prototype for a 2011 Microbus. Never got beyond the concept stage.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Concept schmoncept. Step up to the plate with a production anything in this vein and then we'll talk. Otherwise, "Next!"

:x

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Concept schmoncept. Step up to the plate with a production anything in this vein and then we'll talk. Otherwise, "Next!"

:x
I agree with you Mike, concepts are just a lot of pipe dreams.

I looked at this VW though again last night, and just think the interior is super slick. If only...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
there appears to be less space inside than in an Element. and it doesn't have enough foot pedals or a nice gearshift where that iPad thing is.

pass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts