Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some new wheels from Tirerack a couple weeks ago and finally got around to finding a good location for some quick pics. I would have bought 20s but they didn't make this style of wheel in that size.

Wheels are Sport Edition ST3 19x8.5 et42
Tires are Goodyear Eagle GT 245/45

downtown1.jpg

downtown2.jpg

downtown4.jpg

downtown5.jpg

downtown6.jpg

downtown3.jpg

I will be getting Tein Basics when I'm able but I need brakes and a new stereo first. I can't wait to get rid of that "fist-able" wheel gap.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've noticed those on TireRack. They look almost stock--a good thing!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what I was going for....it's pretty easy to buy an inexpensive wheel that looks terrible. I didn't have the money for forged goodness so I settled with these so I could drive it.

The car had been up on jackstands for a month since I'd sold the previous travesty of wheels. The chrome 20s looked fuggin' horrible so I sold them and preferred to not drive it rather than roll with those wheels. Totally worth it now.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Those look great on your E' a vast improvement over those chrome wheels you had on there before.8) You can't really go wrong with a simple,clean styled,five spoke wheel.:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh don't I know it...it came with those chromies so I was glad when someone was actually willing to buy them; the money I made got me half way to paying for my new setup so I called it a win-win: I didn't have ugly wheels and I didn't have to put up all the money :D

Buying this SC was definitely a rescue project. The previous owner had all kinds of tacky stuff on it; looked like it had been dipped in glue and rolled through eBay. I've got it all de-riced now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice wheels..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ELLE-MENTAL said:
Looks Sweet nice and clean FMF. 19's seem to fit well and when you get the teins. Hey what part of arkansas you from?
Just outside of LR in Jacksonville.

Solar_Runner said:
Those wheels look very nice. How are you liking the Goodyear GTs?
I think I've put about 200 or so miles on them and so far they are excellent. There are some pretty wildy on and off ramps around Little Rock that I can really fly around without any traction issues. I'm still getting used to having all that torque off the line unlike my 1.8T A4 Avant I had previously so I chirp them far more often than I should. Haven't had any torrential rain as of lately so I haven't gotten to try them in the wet yet.

My only issue would be that the tread looks Uni-Directional but is in fact Bi-Directional. Good for easy tire rotations but makes me look like a n00b, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts