Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other EOC'ers running? I'll be travelling from St. Louis EARLY tomorrow, running the NYC Marathon for the 1st time. Fingers crossed for good weather!
Regards,
Steve W.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Good Luck!
What is "good weather" for NY in November:confused:
Anything from snow and cold to 50-60's. For the marathon you want it to be more on the chilly side. Everyone will be bundled up and begin tossing clothing the first 1-4 miles. There is actually a charity that collects all of the clothing and hands it out to homeless and other organizations that help people in need.

Once you start running and getting your body up to temp remaining in the 40-50 range makes for a perfect day.

Sunday looks to be 40-50's and rain.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NYC Marathon

Sounds a little cooler than I like it. I'm assuming there's a couple of hours standing around in the weather. Break out the garbage bags and hope there are porta-loos available:rolleyes:! SWW

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Sounds a little cooler than I like it. I'm assuming there's a couple of hours standing around in the weather. Break out the garbage bags and hope there are porta-loos available:rolleyes:! SWW
If you don't have old warm clothing to run in that you are willing to toss away to charity, go buy some inexpensive stuff at Marshall's or another store and toss it away. It's what everyone will be doing.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finished

What an amazing race! The city really comes out for this and the runners feel it. Finished quite slow in 4:44, but took in all the sights and sounds and even smells (many cooking BBQ's on the route). My AWD (Athlete With Disability) that I was a guide for finished strongly for the Achilles Track Club of South Africa.
If anyone is into running in a big way, I'd suggest 2 runs be on their bucket list....NY City Marathon for a regular length marathon and Comrades Marathon for an Ultra.
Thanks to any EOC'ers who were out in support on Sunday:).
Regards,
Steve

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good job Steve. Doing all the training and finishing a marathon is an accomplishment to be proud of.

I'm down to doing half marathons and run for fun and fitness. Keep up the good work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts