Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

I’m about to go to view a element in NJ which according to car fax has been in a front center accident. Could somebody please let me know the exact location of the crumple zones underneath the hood ( a photo would be best) so I can determine if I should walk away or investigate further.

thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It could have been front center high or front center low, or both. If it was high, you would want to look at the rad support, which is hidden by the radiator cover. If it was low, you probably wouldn't be able to see anything with the bumper on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Take it to a shop with a lift, Try to find a business owned by the guy who is actually there. Get it up on a lift and have them take a good look around... It will be super easy for a trained eye to spot any improperly repaired steel. Anything high on the front end - was probably just repaired with new parts. Cars get in accidents every day and are fixed good as new... You don't want one that was put back together with tape and zip ties.
Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take it to a shop with a lift, Try to find a business owned by the guy who is actually there. Get it up on a lift and have them take a good look around... It will be super easy for a trained eye to spot any improperly repaired steel. Anything high on the front end - was probably just repaired with new parts. Cars get in accidents every day and are fixed good as new... You don't want one that was put back together with tape and zip ties.
Scott
Yep, my thoughts exactly. Do what Zen said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts