Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Allow myself to introduce.....myself (as old Austin Powers would say).

I have an 03 Element, or more correctly my son has it since I originally purchased it in 03 with the plan of driving it for a couple of years and giving it to him when he went off to college. Little did I know that college would only be 18 miles away at St Louis University in St Louis MO, so it is still legally mine but all I get to do is keep it clean and gassed up.

With 65k miles on it and mostly nothing ever having gone wrong, I'm wanting to get it back into shape for when he graduates and goes wherever.

I am giving him a new lower seat cover, the proper trim tool set (thank you Harbour Freight!) and the Service Manual CD I got on line as a download, all for his Birthday tomorrow.

He will sh#t when he opens the box and sees 54 pages of instructions on the seats alone that I printed out.

Moving along, retired Air Force MSgt, with over 23 years service, with an overall 5-1 record. I started out in aircraft maintenance and after being injured, moved over into the medical field, so after working on fighters, etc. I'm pretty handy with a set of tools and a technical servie manual. My son, sadly, didn't get those particular genes. He got the brains from my wife.

I'm also on the Ridgeline Owner's Club forum, same name and all, but I just wanted to say this is a wealth of knowledge and I'm going to get the rear diff serviced ASAP now after reading the various threads here. I thought it was the new tires I put on it making the noise when turning.

Thanks again for a great site and I won't be a stranger.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.tradebit.com Cost was $17.99.

You buy it on line, they send a email link to you and then you log on and download it. Mine was a zip file, about 485MB. Contains 2004-2008 year modles. Not bad at all for the price.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome to the group, how about some pic's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts