Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just thought I would introduce myself. I live in the Chicago, Il. suburbs and work as an engineer in the food industry. I purchased a new 2003 Honda Element 4WD EX last night. I'll be picking it up Friday night. It is Eternal Blue Pearl, and I am having the following Dealer installed accessorys installed before I pick it up.
1. Side Steps
2. Air Deflector
3. Splash Guards
4. Cargo Net
5. Cargo organizer
6. Bug screen for the sunroof
I traded in my 2002 Honda s2000 for it. The dealer is Schaumburg Honda, and the salesmen is Murat Bozdag (very nice person). So far all has gone smoothly and hopefully will continue so. I'll post some pictures when I get it home and keep you all posted on it from time to time.
I've really enjoyed looking at the pictures others have posted to far.
Be Well Everyone! :D Elemental Tom (58 years young) (my 53rd car so far)[/b]

·
Registered
4 Posts
E Tom! In same boat. Traded 2001 S2000 (leased) in on Galapagos Green EX 2WD a week or so ago. I loved the S2000 but I do not regret the trade. The Element is a wonderful small truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trading my 2000 VW Beetle in for a Shoreline Mist EX next week. I'm kinda bummed they aren't coming out with a 5-speed 4WD until later this spring but the FWD should be fine. I'll never buy another VW again - I miss my 1992 Honda Civic and can't wait to get back into another Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's two people who have traded an S2000 for an Element. These two vehicles are at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Hmmm.

The Element had been refered to as a "truck." Is it? I mean, is it more car-like or truck/SUV-like in its handling and abilities? Would you take an Element to the same places that you'd take a Jeep Liberty? It's not really designed for off-road use...is it?

Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:D Well........I'm a happy camper. The sale was completed without a hitch. I can really recommend this dealer! The Element is just great. I'm really happy with the way it looks and drives. I've taken a few pictures that I can post if I can figure out how to do it. If anyone can help me out on this please PM me. :?:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Well by noew Elemental Tom has figured out how to post his pix by now.

Delayed congrats for the new adoption of his opposite spectrum vehicle! I had already chatted with Tom, since he has the twin of my Element, we both have the EX 4wd in Blue! soo cool!

that must be such a system shock to go from the S2000 to the Element, wow!

ATT Scott, the Element is a little low for real off roading, but it does kinda have a little off road feel, it does sit about as high next to othe SUVs when you are on the road, so it is not tiny! This is a nice rugged vehicle, since it is washable, great for dragging along mess sporting gear or camping.. so it has a nice earthy and versatile nature to it. But no, I would not expect or plan to off road in it.. the under body would get trashed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts