Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife, Daughter and I just got back from our first big road trip in our Element. We drove from Tampa, FL to St. Augustine, FL and spent a week in our country’s oldest (by Western European standards) city. My 4 year old Daughter loves to play “spot the Element” while we drive (this can make a long trip at least seem shorter). She wasn’t disappointed as we saw many E’s on our vacation. The first day out, August 3rd, we hit the jackpot with 3 EBP’s and 3 SOP’s between Plant City and the N.E. outskirts of Orlando. All were heading west on I-4 around 2:00 p.m. to 3:15ish p.m. Hummm, those are UF Gator colors. Was there a secret meeting in Gainesville? On the 4th we saw a GGM in front of the Thomas Kinkade Painter of…(best left unsaid) gallery right across from the old Spanish Fort in St. Augustine. It was there the whole morning while we were touring the fort and the old city. The next day we spotted a SOP heading north on A1A 3:00ish p.m. We went to visit the old jail on the 6th and were happy to see a SOP in the parking lot. I couldn’t resist parking next to it. The lady driver got out as we pulled up. I said “nice car” and she replied “don’t you just love it”. She then related a story of her 4,000 trouble free mile round trip up and down the east coast in her E (you meet the nicest people in a Honda). Later in the day we saw a SSM in the Spanish Fort parking lot and a GGM on one of the back streets in the old city (could be the same one we saw at the Thomas Kinkade Painter of…opps, not going to comment here). On our drive home on the 7th we saw a SSM heading north on A1A around Marineland at 12:15 p.m. We pulled over to a convenience/Subway store off of A1A around 1:00 p.m for lunch. During our "car picnic" a SMM arrived in the parking lot. We all went berserk because it was identical to our own E. We got a friendly smile and wave from the owner. Our last sighting occurred 15 minutes later as we returned to A1A and saw an EBP heading in the opposite direction. The only color we didn’t see was the NBP. If I spotted any members on this trip let me know.
P.S. Our E was great. It stored all of our stuff, got 24 mpg in mixed driving, felt really solid even during some Florida style monsoon rains and the beach sand cleaned up with a wisk broom/dustpan.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts