Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, After about a year searching for a gently used and well cared for Element. I finally found one with an owner willing to part with at a reasonable price. It’s was a quite a challenge with used car prices going insane and lack of inventory. Most E’s listed on CL or OfferUp had major issues, no title, and or mileage rolled back.
Almost giving up, I came across a 2004 2WD E with a mere 124k miles. Sure it needs a suspension reboot, motor mounts, and brakes. But the engine and transmission is solid and the interior and exterior is still in good shape. My wife thinks I’m crazy and can’t see why I would buy this box on wheels. I told her it’s either this or a motorcycle… she chose wisely.😉
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side-view mirror Wheel Car

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Cool, welcome aboard. I am amazed that people try to sell these or any car without a title. I have seen the same locally. Not sure why there is no title but always seems suspicious, if they are the rightful owner of the car it should be not too difficult to get a replacement title before selliing it. Also how did you know the other cars had the mileage rolled back? Was it from the carfax?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats on the find. Way to stay patient and wait until the right one came along. Once you get the mechanical stuff up to speed, there are quite a few threads on here about how to refresh the plastic body panels, which it looks like your new baby could use. It will really look good once you get around to doing that as the vehicle looks to be in nice shape already.

Your wife will learn to love it after you end up hauling something awkward for her that won't fit in her vehicle. Like that cute coffee table she found or some such thing. Another nice thing about Elements is they're easy to sleep in, which can come in handy when you're married and get on the wrong side of the boss.🤪

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on the find. Way to stay patient and wait until the right one came along. Once you get the mechanical stuff up to speed, there are quite a few threads on here about how to refresh the plastic body panels, which it looks like your new baby could use. It will really look good once you get around to doing that as the vehicle looks to be in nice shape already.

Your wife will learn to love it after you end up hauling something awkward for her that won't fit in her vehicle. Like that cute coffee table she found or some such thing. Another nice thing about Elements is they're easy to sleep in, which can come in handy when you're married and get on the wrong side of the boss.🤪
Now that you mention it it does kind of look like a doghouse doesn’t it?:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts