Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rach and I are headed up to Niagara Falls Thurs/Fri before Labor Day weekend and wanted to stay at a B&B. Has anyone stayed at any placed in the area known as Niagara-on-the-lake? It's on the Canadian side.

After that we're heading to see some friends of mine Sat/Sun (Canandaigua area) and friends of her Mon/Tues (Syracuse area).

Thanks.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Make sure you visit some of the vineyards in the area. We drive that way sometimes going to Indiana. Longer but a stop at the falls for lunch makes it all worthwhile.

I am sure Tim & Elaine can make some suggestions on which vineyards are better. Have fun

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
You are going to be be about a half hour from us, and ask where to find a B&B?????

it's still too early in the season for a decent wine tour, but most of the big ones (about 50 or so....there are over 100 in the area) have tasting rooms/retail outlets....

Niagara-on-the-Lake is actually alot more expensive to stay in than most of the Niagara Region (more hoity-toity...lol) but it's not where the better wineries are...and it definately tries to be more 'up scale', so you are surrounded by a bunch of self important half wits in their bimmers and Mercedes doing the 'country' thing...

Niagara Falls itself is a tourist trap...nice place to visit, see the falls, but it's way too expensive to eat or stay there...

Jordan, Vineland, and 20 Valley are much better in my opinion. Fonthill Pelham and Welland have some really nice, out of the way places, and it's not yet silly season (wine festival is the last 2 weeks of September) so the prices are reasonable...
(edit - I forgot about this, because Elaine did some of her training at some of the wineries in that area - Inn on the 20 is the BEST place to stay - Anna Olson is the pastry chef there)

We are leaving for Utah on the Friday, but Elaine will be really pissed if you don't at least come over for dinner on Thursday!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.