Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between the two. They have the same interior but I cant decide on paint.

I like the contrast between the paint an the panels on the Shoreline more, but the Black is really sleek.

Any comments? I would love to discuss this in detail! Fire away! Here's my observations:

Black shows dirt and scratches more.

Shoreline sometimes looks silver in certain light, and then it looks toupe in other conditions. Hard to tell.

The rear sunroof shows ("pops") more against the Shoreline color as opposed to the Black.

The Black is the ONLY Element that is "reversed" in exterior color. All the Elements except Black have a darker panel compared to the body paint. But the Black E makes the panel look more gray or charcoal, and thus is lighter than the body paint.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Black is beautiful, but it requires a daily dusting. Looks rich. We have a black E and a black '92 Accord, both with dark tinted windows. If we lived in the desert, the colors would be lighter.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Shoreline Mist is a really warm looking color that sparkles at night which was what sold me on it.

But it depends on the climate where you live - the dark colors are really too hot in the summer here. We had a blue civic and it was torture getting into it in the middle of the summer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am leaning to the Shoreline Mist. One reason only....

It is the only one of the colors that I think looks professional (business appropriate)

With that said... beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

FINE..... I just like it!!!! Sue me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shoreline Mist and Black were my two final color choices. Finally decided on Black because it seemed to me to add a certain "richer" look to the Element.
Most of the Mercedes/BMW SUV's that I see around town are black. Black also seems to make it appear less "boxy" and larger than the higher contrasting tones of the lighter colors. Yes, Black will tend to show more dirt, but hey, it takes about 5 minutes to hose this thing down- outside and in :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Go with Shoreline! I am very happy with it. It really does look clean all of the time, and changes under different light conditions. Black cars look great right after washing them, but 30 minutes later they look dirty. They also show scratches and imperfections much easier than other colors. Finally, if you live in the South or other warm area of the country, don't even think about a black vehicle! 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was stuck between those two colors also! I went with black only because it was the only one in stock! But I am so happy with my Black Element. It looks great most of the time but living in Ma you can't have your car looking clean all the time. So I think go with your heart LOL or with whats in stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is a question of perspective... sort of. Here is what I did to decide between these two final contenders.

1) Park them side by side.
2) Look into the window, first of one and then of the other.
3) Decide which reflection you like better, because that is what everyone else is going to see.

I liked the person in the black car. They seemed happier!

Also, the plastic panels are the same color as dirt over black.. and it is a truck anyway.

Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just spent the last three years with a black dodge dakota quad-cab. I will never, ever own another black vehicle. That truck was hot (and I mean phyically not emotionally) inside 8 months out of 12... and I live in the mid-Atlantic -- never - ever - again.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I went with the nighthawk. My first choice was sop but sixty day wait because my dad bought the one they had coming. I love the black. It has a sinister look about it. The contrast between body and panels is not great but still love it. May change my mind when I sleep in it when I am in Moab.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got the black and I love it. Yeah it seems to get dirty easy but I figure I will take better care of it becuase of that. I think it looks better then other colors in comparision to the plastic panels.

We amost got the Blue but I am glad we didn't.

Dano
Nighthawk Black Perl 4WD DX Auto

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just bought mine last Sunday, waiting to take delivery next Friday (March 21). I bought the Galapagos Green, but Shoreline was my second choice and a very close second. The green is more outdoorsy and it reminds me of the mountains, fortunately it is not so dark that it will look dirty all the time.

Given your choices, I'd go with Shoreline. Black is beautiful, but too much hassle unless you live in an area where it doesn't rain and they don't use gravel. I had a black car for about two years and it looked terrible after the first month.

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought a EX Auto FWD in Black. Looks tougher. I am selling a F-250 Diesel and the tougher my HondaHummer can look the better.
I also bought a California Duster for this morning. Haven't had to use it yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input!

I went with the Shoreline Mist Metallic. Black still looks good too!

I traded a black VW Jetta. I was pretty hot in the summer here in KC. Lots of rain too.

:0)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Chloe the Bulldog's completely biased opinion is for Shoreline Mist, no doubt! :D

Her mid-30's Dad's are not within the intended demographic, so this was the most conservative and refined of the colors, and could be used for business as well as play. Not to mention it just rained here and it doesn't show the dirt!

You can take a peek here, dirt, options and all...

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b334a41725aa&notag=1

Chloe will sure miss her bimmer, though. But this car definitely scores big time for coolness points!

Have fun everyone and safe travels.

SF HONDA H2

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the black for this reason:

The windows are also black - with the gray panels this makes two colors. All other body colors have 3 colors that are not in any particular pattern.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts