Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took it for a test drive today... and really liked it. It handled well, not very SUV-like. It had plenty of acceleration. I liked just about everything about it.

Why not? Well, I was surprised at the lack of space behind the 2nd row of seats. With four people, it seems to me it would be difficult to fit a full set up of camping gear back there. Compared to the CR-V (which I don't really like that much), there's much less space behind the rear seats. Too bad! As much as I hate to admit it, the lack of three across seating in the rear was actually the nail in the coffin for me, since I have a young daughter who likes to bring friends along for the ride...

Yea, I'm not in the target market for this thing either... :) obviously.

If they made the rear seats able to move up and back... so I could adjust the storage space behind the seats... I'd say the heck with the three across seating and buy it.

When it's time for the next vehicle, maybe the Element will make it back in to the picture...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sorry to hear that the "E" didn't work out. I am glad to hear that you want to stay in the Honda family tho! :D

Iskie

·
Registered
608 Posts
Most of us have said from the start, the Element is not the vehicle for everyone. There are people who need more room (such as yourself), and others who want the lux. For the people in the middle, who don't need the lux, or seating for 5, it is a great concept. I love my Element, but I don't have the same needs for my SUV that others do.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
This weekend I took my element and my dog to the cabin. The Dog took the back seat and the gear took the rear cargo area. I fit a large cooler and very large gear box, a 5 gallon water jug, duffle bag and back pack. I still had lots of room left over. When I first saw the element I thought that I would have to put some stuff on the floor in front of the rear seats. However, everything fit fine, in fact in the spring I should also fit my bike and only give up 1 seat. Before you give up on the element, take a test drive and drive it home and stuff all your gear inside. You might be suprised.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have to agree with boneheadz... it doesn't look like a lot of space, and depending on cargo type, size, etc., it may not be a good layout. That said, despite initial feelings of "this isn't going to fit," I haven't had a problem yet, and this has included some rather odd shaped and over sized items (like a powerwasher and an L-shaped box).

·
Registered
338 Posts
I really think that Honda could do well by making a larger version of the Eleement (Leaving this one alone) with a Six cylinder and the same rubber flat floor, etc.

People with larger families (or larger hobbies) would love the features of this Element in a bigger (Pilot) size vehicle. I think families would jump at the unusual styling, easy to clean interior, maximum use of interior space, ability to sleep in vehicle once in a while, utilitarian purpose, etc.

I can think all of kinds of people I know that need a little more room than room for 4.

Again, I'm saying leave this Element alone and give it a larger, evil twin.

Drop the carpet, insulation, DVD players, 6 way power seats, heated leather, etc. Honda would sell 'em like hot cakes.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i also had the same concern about cargo space, but it reeally shocking how deceptive that small space is.. you really can get alot in there, and i agree take it home load it up, if it is not functional for you then well perhaps it is not for you at this time.. but yeah it is unique.. and a wonderful vehicle..

I wish you luck in whichever choice, take care!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I'd like to see in the Element for 2004:

- make the rear seats like the front seats... moveable up and back.
- make it a little bit lower, minivan clearance
- offer an option for a three across seat in the back, with 60/40 split. even if only one of the two sections will fold up against the side, it would be worth it to me.
- figure out a way to make it a little more fuel efficient... hybrid maybe?

Otherwise, the Element is my perfect car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just clicked on the link above to check out the Odessy and suddenly I had an email from the Honda owners link setting me up with an account there.. Hmmmmm??? I do have an account there already, I own the E and love it but..... I don't feel comfortable with having my email given out when I click on a link. Did this happen to anyone else??

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you have opened an account, that is probably the reason. Nothing happens when I load the page. You must have a cookie on your box from when you signed up. There is no way for an http handshake and page load to get your email unless you already have a cookie containing that info. Well....I take that back, there are ways, but I doubt Honda is handing out worms. ;-)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with simon and others on this subject. Once again I say this is a $22,000 vehicle and look at what you get for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is also a Honda. Txs, Barry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts